Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
February 10, 2019
Arun Jaitley, Minister of Finance, was in New York for medical treatment. He returned to India on Saturday. He has left for the United States for a medical check-up for his kidney ailment. He left in mind January this year.
Delighted to be back home-Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister of India
Due to his absence, the finance ministry charge was given to Railways Minister Piyush Goyal by the President of India Ramnath Kovind. Goyal is the one who presented the interim budget.
"Delighted to welcome back respected Shri @arunjaitley ji. Very grateful to him for his support, guidance and leadership", tweeted Piyush Goyal.
Ever since his visit to the United States, Jaitley has been active on social media. He even gave an interview after the budget. But Jaitley's treatment all the way in United States did not go too well with social media users who criticised him for spending too much money from the government.
"#ArunJaitley Can you please explain why you couldn't have your treatment in India, when we have capable docs n facilities and Appreciate, if you could set a good precedence by paying off your bills for your treatment in the USA", tweeted Lakshmi Narayanan.
"Inspite of Aayushmaan bhaarat, our finance minister #ArunJaitley needs to go to US for treatment. @narendramodi should encourage atleast ministers to get treated in india! Where is #MakeInIndia??", tweeted Balapushkar.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News