Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
Arun Jaitley, Minister of Finance, was in New York for medical treatment. He returned to India on Saturday. He has left for the United States for a medical check-up for his kidney ailment. He left in mind January this year.
Delighted to be back home-Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister of India
Due to his absence, the finance ministry charge was given to Railways Minister Piyush Goyal by the President of India Ramnath Kovind. Goyal is the one who presented the interim budget.
“Delighted to welcome back respected Shri @arunjaitley ji. Very grateful to him for his support, guidance and leadership”, tweeted Piyush Goyal.
Ever since his visit to the United States, Jaitley has been active on social media. He even gave an interview after the budget. But Jaitley’s treatment all the way in United States did not go too well with social media users who criticised him for spending too much money from the government.
“#ArunJaitley Can you please explain why you couldn't have your treatment in India, when we have capable docs n facilities and Appreciate, if you could set a good precedence by paying off your bills for your treatment in the USA”, tweeted Lakshmi Narayanan.
“Inspite of Aayushmaan bhaarat, our finance minister #ArunJaitley needs to go to US for treatment. @narendramodi should encourage atleast ministers to get treated in india! Where is #MakeInIndia??”, tweeted Balapushkar.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 7, 2019
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019