Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
February 10, 2019
Arun Jaitley, Minister of Finance, was in New York for medical treatment. He returned to India on Saturday. He has left for the United States for a medical check-up for his kidney ailment. He left in mind January this year.
Delighted to be back home-Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister of India
Due to his absence, the finance ministry charge was given to Railways Minister Piyush Goyal by the President of India Ramnath Kovind. Goyal is the one who presented the interim budget.
"Delighted to welcome back respected Shri @arunjaitley ji. Very grateful to him for his support, guidance and leadership", tweeted Piyush Goyal.
Ever since his visit to the United States, Jaitley has been active on social media. He even gave an interview after the budget. But Jaitley's treatment all the way in United States did not go too well with social media users who criticised him for spending too much money from the government.
"#ArunJaitley Can you please explain why you couldn't have your treatment in India, when we have capable docs n facilities and Appreciate, if you could set a good precedence by paying off your bills for your treatment in the USA", tweeted Lakshmi Narayanan.
"Inspite of Aayushmaan bhaarat, our finance minister #ArunJaitley needs to go to US for treatment. @narendramodi should encourage atleast ministers to get treated in india! Where is #MakeInIndia??", tweeted Balapushkar.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News