Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
More than 80 people have reportedly died in the past four days in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand after consuming adulterated alcohol.
So far the number of dead has reached 82 as two more people died in a local hospital in Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh yesterday.
Many people are still undergoing treatment at various hospitals.
The government of Uttar Pradesh has suspended 14 officials including district excise officer, excise inspectors, excise constables, police sub-inspectors and constables.
While investigation has been started to look for the culprits and raids are being conducted by police.
Those who died were mostly a group of people from 3-4 villages who had attended a mourning ceremony. They reportedly consumed the spurious liquor after the ceremony.
Police investigation is pointing towards a man called Pintu who sold 30 pouches of the liquor. More updates are awaited.
The news has shocked the country.
Rajesh Sachdeva @1710rajesh tweeted,”44 Dead In UP After Having Adulterated Liquor, Number Could Go Higher https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/44-dead-in-uttar-pradesh-in-4-days-after-having-adulterated-liquor-1990891 …. This is most shocking! Why can’t some political parties spearhead a movement on prohibition and make it a major election issue. Bhagwan Ram will prefer that to a temple in Ayodhya!”
shree prakash @shri171992 wrote,” @myogiadityanath Why liqueur can't ban in UP same like Bihar. People are dying in UP. 10 people got dead in kushinagar 3 saharanpur due to poisonous liquor consumption. Sir it happened same in Varanasi during Previous Government too. Sir I think you can make difference.”
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 6, 2019
Headlines February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News