SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
February 11, 2019
The State Bank of India- SBI is the biggest bank in the country with millions of customers. Lately the bank has started to caution the customers about ATM frauds as the instances have been on a rise.
The ATM fraud is related to the use of ATM cards and SBI has been asking the card users to remain alert.
In the latest string of incidents, skimming seems to be the commonly used fraud technique. This is done by the fraudsters through rigged ATMs or POS- point of sale machines.
Fraudsters take the banking details from the ATM card when it is swiped at an ATM or POS machines. This is done with the help of devices that can be attached to ATM machine keyboards and card slots. The devices read the card details from the magnetic strips.
The criminals also have cameras set up near the keyboard to capture the pins entered by the customers.
With the information, card clones are made and the details are used for withdrawing money and or online shopping by the fraudsters.
In case you have become a victim of such frauds, refund claim can be made within three working days of the incident.
The issue can be reported by sending an SMS by typing 'Problem' and sending it to 9212500888. Other methods are, calling the call the customer care or reporting on Twitter @SBICard_Connect.
If the frauds is caused due to bank's fault full refund will be made however, losing money due to negligence will mean zero refund.
The bank has already reduced the ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 20,000 a day and also advised people to opt for new chip-based cards in a bid to avoid being scammed.
Here are some social media responses from SBI customers.
Santu Kumar @santukr3 tweeted,"@SBICard_Connect after ATM fraud in my bank account I, reported SBI within 24 hrs and also logged and FIR with Delhiy money was never refunded to me. #SBI"
Dharambir Singh @Dharamb12542891 wrote,"SBI bank is India largest bank but bank security is very poor last 4 months.with me misshapening ATM fraud but since no response a bank."
Watch in Sign Language
- World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
June 16, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
June 16, 2019
- Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Parasports June 9, 2019 Thane witnesses first ever wheelchair race today
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News