SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
February 11, 2019
The State Bank of India- SBI is the biggest bank in the country with millions of customers. Lately the bank has started to caution the customers about ATM frauds as the instances have been on a rise.
The ATM fraud is related to the use of ATM cards and SBI has been asking the card users to remain alert.
In the latest string of incidents, skimming seems to be the commonly used fraud technique. This is done by the fraudsters through rigged ATMs or POS- point of sale machines.
Fraudsters take the banking details from the ATM card when it is swiped at an ATM or POS machines. This is done with the help of devices that can be attached to ATM machine keyboards and card slots. The devices read the card details from the magnetic strips.
The criminals also have cameras set up near the keyboard to capture the pins entered by the customers.
With the information, card clones are made and the details are used for withdrawing money and or online shopping by the fraudsters.
In case you have become a victim of such frauds, refund claim can be made within three working days of the incident.
The issue can be reported by sending an SMS by typing 'Problem' and sending it to 9212500888. Other methods are, calling the call the customer care or reporting on Twitter @SBICard_Connect.
If the frauds is caused due to bank's fault full refund will be made however, losing money due to negligence will mean zero refund.
The bank has already reduced the ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 20,000 a day and also advised people to opt for new chip-based cards in a bid to avoid being scammed.
Here are some social media responses from SBI customers.
Santu Kumar @santukr3 tweeted,"@SBICard_Connect after ATM fraud in my bank account I, reported SBI within 24 hrs and also logged and FIR with Delhiy money was never refunded to me. #SBI"
Dharambir Singh @Dharamb12542891 wrote,"SBI bank is India largest bank but bank security is very poor last 4 months.with me misshapening ATM fraud but since no response a bank."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News