Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
February 12, 2019
Priyanka Gandhi attracted huge crowds at her rally in Lucknow where she launched the Congress party's campaign for the national election, just days after her entry into politics. Wearing a kurta-churidar, she stood with her brother and Congress president Rahul Gandhi, and fellow U.P in charge Jyotiraditya Scindia and other Congress leaders.
Priyanka, who is 47, was campaigning for the first time outside the Gandhi family constituencies of Amethi and Raebareli. For the first time in decades, the party has become the talking point in a state that has voted for the BJP in all elections since 1991.
Priyanka is seen as the Congress's big hope in Uttar Pradesh, a state which is seen as the route to power at the Centre. In an audio message through the party's Shakti app she said,
I hope that we can all come together to bring about a new kind of politics. A kind of politics in which all of you will be stakeholders. - Priyanka Gandhi, Congress Party
Along the way she garlanded statues of Mahatma Gandhi and B R Ambedkar. Over the next three to four days, Priyanka Gandhi is likely to frequent the party office and hold daily meetings on specific constituencies she has charge of.
In the meantime, husband Robert Vadra posted a message on Facebook asking that his wife be safe.
Calling her "my best friend, a perfect wife and best mother", Vadra, who is being questioned by the Enforcement Directorate in a money-laundering case, also said, "My Best wishes to you P, on your new journey of working in Uttar Pradesh and serving the people of India. You have been my best friend a perfect wife and the best mother to our Children. There is a very Vindictive and vicious political atmosphere... But I know, it's her duty to serve the people and Now we hand her to the people of India. Please keep her safe".
Watch in Sign Language
- Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
June 26, 2019
- 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
June 26, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News