17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
February 13, 2019
In a shocking incident, 17 people were killed in a fire that broke out at Hotel Arpit Palace at Karol Bagh in New Delhi. More than three people were injured, and their condition is critical. A mother and child died while they were trying to jump out from a window during the fire. The hotel is a very popular budget hotel in the area which is very crowded. The reason for breaking out of the fire is unknown. Investigations have already begun but initial reports state that the reason was a short circuit.
The fire broke out at around 4 am when most of the guests were sleeping. Most of them died due to suffocation. The fire was mostly seen in the topmost floor of the six storey hotel. It took almost 25 fire engines to extinguish the fire. The topmost floors of the hotel were built illegally. This latest fire accident throws light on the negligence of authorities in ensuring fire safety in prominent places.
Very sad to learn about the loss of lives in the tragic fire accident in Karol Bagh, Delhi. Heartfelt condolences to bereaved families and wishing an early recovery to those injured #PresidentKovind-Ramnath Kovind, President of India
The hotel is almost 25 years old. There were nearly 100 guests inside the hotel when the fire broke out. The Delhi government has announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakhs to families of all the 17 people who died in the accident.
"Deeply saddened by the loss of lives due to a fire at Karol Bagh in Delhi. I convey my condolences to the families of those who lost their lives. May the injured recover soon: PM @narendramodi", tweeted Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
Watch in Sign Language
- High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
August 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 26, 2019 India para shuttlers win 12 medals at BWF World Championship Para-Badminton 2019
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Narendra Modi conferred with UAE’s highest civilian honour
- Technology August 24, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Nekram Upadhyay’s May Ability Kit wins him national disability award for 2019
- Headlines August 24, 2019 No more peace talks with India, says Imran Khan
- Get-Hooked August 26, 2019 Differences in viewpoints must be respected. - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 24 Aug-25 Aug
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News