17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
February 13, 2019
In a shocking incident, 17 people were killed in a fire that broke out at Hotel Arpit Palace at Karol Bagh in New Delhi. More than three people were injured, and their condition is critical. A mother and child died while they were trying to jump out from a window during the fire. The hotel is a very popular budget hotel in the area which is very crowded. The reason for breaking out of the fire is unknown. Investigations have already begun but initial reports state that the reason was a short circuit.
The fire broke out at around 4 am when most of the guests were sleeping. Most of them died due to suffocation. The fire was mostly seen in the topmost floor of the six storey hotel. It took almost 25 fire engines to extinguish the fire. The topmost floors of the hotel were built illegally. This latest fire accident throws light on the negligence of authorities in ensuring fire safety in prominent places.
Very sad to learn about the loss of lives in the tragic fire accident in Karol Bagh, Delhi. Heartfelt condolences to bereaved families and wishing an early recovery to those injured #PresidentKovind-Ramnath Kovind, President of India
The hotel is almost 25 years old. There were nearly 100 guests inside the hotel when the fire broke out. The Delhi government has announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakhs to families of all the 17 people who died in the accident.
"Deeply saddened by the loss of lives due to a fire at Karol Bagh in Delhi. I convey my condolences to the families of those who lost their lives. May the injured recover soon: PM @narendramodi", tweeted Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News