Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
February 13, 2019
The fastest train of the country- Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 is all set to leave for its first journey on 15 February, 2019.
The journey of India's first engine-less train will be between Delhi and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. As per reports, the ticket prices of the train have been slashed by the railways.
The previously set price for travelling in AC chair car has been reduced from Rs 1,850 to Rs 1,760. While, executive class tickets will now be available for Rs 3,310 instead of Rs 3,520.
These prices include the food that will be served to the passengers during the journey. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off the train from New Delhi. Train 18 is expected to cover a distance of around 755 km in 8 hours.
Some people are happy to know the trip will now cost even less while some are skeptical.
Vikrant Yadav¸ @vik21_yadav tweeted," Replying to @ippatel Vande Bharat Express's fair is much cheaper than Volvo buses. Congis & Commies couldn't digest this train, that's why they tried to stone the train. Waiting for some negative comments over ticket pricing by those who never travel without UBER & OLA."
Shubhamoy @shubho32 wrote," Replying to @imran97808976 I am worried too for #Train18 ticket prices. Its up 50%, may be still responsible given the service. But how costly will be #BulletTrain? It will surpass flight ticket price."
Watch in Sign Language
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda raises doubts on airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
- BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News