Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
February 13, 2019
The fastest train of the country- Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 is all set to leave for its first journey on 15 February, 2019.
The journey of India's first engine-less train will be between Delhi and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. As per reports, the ticket prices of the train have been slashed by the railways.
The previously set price for travelling in AC chair car has been reduced from Rs 1,850 to Rs 1,760. While, executive class tickets will now be available for Rs 3,310 instead of Rs 3,520.
These prices include the food that will be served to the passengers during the journey. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off the train from New Delhi. Train 18 is expected to cover a distance of around 755 km in 8 hours.
Some people are happy to know the trip will now cost even less while some are skeptical.
Vikrant Yadav¸ @vik21_yadav tweeted," Replying to @ippatel Vande Bharat Express's fair is much cheaper than Volvo buses. Congis & Commies couldn't digest this train, that's why they tried to stone the train. Waiting for some negative comments over ticket pricing by those who never travel without UBER & OLA."
Shubhamoy @shubho32 wrote," Replying to @imran97808976 I am worried too for #Train18 ticket prices. Its up 50%, may be still responsible given the service. But how costly will be #BulletTrain? It will surpass flight ticket price."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News