IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
February 14, 2019
The operations of IndiGo Airlines continue to be severely affected due to the shortage of pilots. As many as 30 flights were cancelled across major airports forcing passengers to buy last minute tickets at high prices.
The airline said flight cancellations will continue for some more days, affecting around 30 flights per day. On Monday, the airline had pulled out 32 flights from its network at short notice putting passengers at a major inconvenience. On Tuesday, it cancelled 30 flights due to pilot shortages. Most flights were cancelled from Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai. Eight flights were cancelled from Kolkata, another five flights were cancelled from Hyderabad and four each from Bengaluru and Chennai.
IndiGo is slightly adjusting its flight schedule in the coming days by around 30 flights per day to stabilise the network and operations impacted due to various ongoing Notams and likely bad weather in the coming days. - IndiGo Airlines
Notam refers to the notice given to pilots and include information on potential hazards on a flight route.
Many passengers complained that IndiGo was forcing them to either buy last minute tickets on its flights or offering them alternate flights with one-stop connectivity with a long layover time. However in a statement IndiGo said it was taking steps to avoid passenger inconvenience. "To avoid inconvenience, these adjustments are being made in advance, enabling adequate notice to passengers. They are being accommodated close to their original flight schedule. These adjustments amount to 1-2 percent of the originally planned flights".
Watch in Sign Language
- Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
May 27, 2019
- PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
May 27, 2019
- Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
May 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 An exclusive anthem for children with hearing disabilities aims to spread awareness
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News