IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
February 14, 2019
The operations of IndiGo Airlines continue to be severely affected due to the shortage of pilots. As many as 30 flights were cancelled across major airports forcing passengers to buy last minute tickets at high prices.
The airline said flight cancellations will continue for some more days, affecting around 30 flights per day. On Monday, the airline had pulled out 32 flights from its network at short notice putting passengers at a major inconvenience. On Tuesday, it cancelled 30 flights due to pilot shortages. Most flights were cancelled from Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai. Eight flights were cancelled from Kolkata, another five flights were cancelled from Hyderabad and four each from Bengaluru and Chennai.
IndiGo is slightly adjusting its flight schedule in the coming days by around 30 flights per day to stabilise the network and operations impacted due to various ongoing Notams and likely bad weather in the coming days. - IndiGo Airlines
Notam refers to the notice given to pilots and include information on potential hazards on a flight route.
Many passengers complained that IndiGo was forcing them to either buy last minute tickets on its flights or offering them alternate flights with one-stop connectivity with a long layover time. However in a statement IndiGo said it was taking steps to avoid passenger inconvenience. "To avoid inconvenience, these adjustments are being made in advance, enabling adequate notice to passengers. They are being accommodated close to their original flight schedule. These adjustments amount to 1-2 percent of the originally planned flights".
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News