Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
In 2018, Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation (ABBF) had organized its third inclusive tandem-cycling expedition, which included cyclists with and without disability. This was a huge success and became an iconic sporting adventure. Based in Pune, ABBF has been changing the mindset towards disability through inclusive adventure sports.
The experience was fantastic and overwhelming for me. I through enjoyed the challenges that we faced through the trip. The short film about the expedition has very rightly captured the emotions I felt. Wonderful memories were made for a lifetime. - Ekinath Khadekar, Finance Head, Indian Blind Sports Association (IBSA)
This year too, ABBF is inviting thrill seekers to another edition from 9 to 19 August. CalledM2k2019, this expedition is from Manali to Khardung La. Manali is a district in Himachal Pradesh and Khardung La is a mountain pass located in the Ladakh region in Jammu and Kashmir.
The route is 550 kilometers long and is one of the most scenic and picturesque in India, with the climate perfect for adventurous fun. The route is not for the fainthearted though as it is one of the highest cycling routes amid some tough terrain.
Ashok Suluchana Ganpath, a graphic designer, was part of the 2018 trip and had some fond memories. "I had attended the expedition last year and it was a life-changing trip for me. Being close to nature and the lovely company of other travelers made the experience memorable and overwhelming for the senses. I have made some great friends through the trip. This year I want to go as a part of the support crew."
So, if you are into adventure sport and believe in breaking barriers, this is a great opportunity. Be a part of the cycling trip and learn something new about the world and also about yourself.
To know more Click Here
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News