Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
In 2018, Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation (ABBF) had organized its third inclusive tandem-cycling expedition, which included cyclists with and without disability. This was a huge success and became an iconic sporting adventure. Based in Pune, ABBF has been changing the mindset towards disability through inclusive adventure sports.
The experience was fantastic and overwhelming for me. I through enjoyed the challenges that we faced through the trip. The short film about the expedition has very rightly captured the emotions I felt. Wonderful memories were made for a lifetime. - Ekinath Khadekar, Finance Head, Indian Blind Sports Association (IBSA)
This year too, ABBF is inviting thrill seekers to another edition from 9 to 19 August. CalledM2k2019, this expedition is from Manali to Khardung La. Manali is a district in Himachal Pradesh and Khardung La is a mountain pass located in the Ladakh region in Jammu and Kashmir.
The route is 550 kilometers long and is one of the most scenic and picturesque in India, with the climate perfect for adventurous fun. The route is not for the fainthearted though as it is one of the highest cycling routes amid some tough terrain.
Ashok Suluchana Ganpath, a graphic designer, was part of the 2018 trip and had some fond memories. "I had attended the expedition last year and it was a life-changing trip for me. Being close to nature and the lovely company of other travelers made the experience memorable and overwhelming for the senses. I have made some great friends through the trip. This year I want to go as a part of the support crew."
So, if you are into adventure sport and believe in breaking barriers, this is a great opportunity. Be a part of the cycling trip and learn something new about the world and also about yourself.
To know more Click Here
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 13, 2019 Don't let headphones damage your ears, says experts
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Education March 13, 2019 With exams round the corner, visually impaired students struggle for scribes
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Events March 14, 2019 Fun Club
- Get-hooked March 13, 2019 Diversity in fashion gets a major push at this Big Bazaar event with disabled people walking the ramp
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Female Special Police Officer in J&K shot dead by terrorists
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News