Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
In 2018, Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation (ABBF) had organized its third inclusive tandem-cycling expedition, which included cyclists with and without disability. This was a huge success and became an iconic sporting adventure. Based in Pune, ABBF has been changing the mindset towards disability through inclusive adventure sports.
The experience was fantastic and overwhelming for me. I through enjoyed the challenges that we faced through the trip. The short film about the expedition has very rightly captured the emotions I felt. Wonderful memories were made for a lifetime. - Ekinath Khadekar, Finance Head, Indian Blind Sports Association (IBSA)
This year too, ABBF is inviting thrill seekers to another edition from 9 to 19 August. CalledM2k2019, this expedition is from Manali to Khardung La. Manali is a district in Himachal Pradesh and Khardung La is a mountain pass located in the Ladakh region in Jammu and Kashmir.
The route is 550 kilometers long and is one of the most scenic and picturesque in India, with the climate perfect for adventurous fun. The route is not for the fainthearted though as it is one of the highest cycling routes amid some tough terrain.
Ashok Suluchana Ganpath, a graphic designer, was part of the 2018 trip and had some fond memories. "I had attended the expedition last year and it was a life-changing trip for me. Being close to nature and the lovely company of other travelers made the experience memorable and overwhelming for the senses. I have made some great friends through the trip. This year I want to go as a part of the support crew."
So, if you are into adventure sport and believe in breaking barriers, this is a great opportunity. Be a part of the cycling trip and learn something new about the world and also about yourself.
To know more Click Here
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
August 22, 2019
- Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
August 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News