India vs Australia - Update
February 15, 2019
Today the Indian squad for the limited over series against Australia will be chosen. The main focus is on who the selectors will choose between Jaydev Unadkat and Khaleel Ahmed.
India will play two T20 Internationals and five ODIs from 24 February. This will be their last international assignment before the World Cup, which begins in England on 30 May.
The series against Australia will decide who will be chosen between Rishabh Pant and Dinesh Karthik as batsman and second wicketkeeper for the World Cup.
KL Rahul is back as third opener while vice captain Rohit Sharma is likely to be picked for the ODIs.
The choice is now who will be the left-arm seamer. Khaleel, from Rajasthan, played well in Australia and New Zealand but may not be fit for the World Cup. Unadkat is back in form after a good Ranji Trophy season where he led Saurashtra to the final.
Meanwhile former India cricketer VVS Laxman has chosen his two favourites in the world Cup. He says that while Australia will start as the defending champions India and England will go into the tournament as the top two contenders for the title. England are the top-ranked side in the world in the ICC ODI rankings followed by India at number two.
Speaking to a wire agency, VVS Laxman said,
The World Cup is a long format so every player should be at his best physically and mentally if India has to win the World Cup. They start as favourites. For me, India and England start as favourites. - VVS Laxman, Former India cricketer
He called the Indian team's performance brilliant and said, The way they played, I would like to congratulate the entire team. The way they played right from the Australia series to the New Zealand series... and it's not only one or two players who have put their hand up. Everyone has contributed. So it's great to see bowling and batting departments contribute."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News