India vs Australia - Update
February 15, 2019
Today the Indian squad for the limited over series against Australia will be chosen. The main focus is on who the selectors will choose between Jaydev Unadkat and Khaleel Ahmed.
India will play two T20 Internationals and five ODIs from 24 February. This will be their last international assignment before the World Cup, which begins in England on 30 May.
The series against Australia will decide who will be chosen between Rishabh Pant and Dinesh Karthik as batsman and second wicketkeeper for the World Cup.
KL Rahul is back as third opener while vice captain Rohit Sharma is likely to be picked for the ODIs.
The choice is now who will be the left-arm seamer. Khaleel, from Rajasthan, played well in Australia and New Zealand but may not be fit for the World Cup. Unadkat is back in form after a good Ranji Trophy season where he led Saurashtra to the final.
Meanwhile former India cricketer VVS Laxman has chosen his two favourites in the world Cup. He says that while Australia will start as the defending champions India and England will go into the tournament as the top two contenders for the title. England are the top-ranked side in the world in the ICC ODI rankings followed by India at number two.
Speaking to a wire agency, VVS Laxman said,
The World Cup is a long format so every player should be at his best physically and mentally if India has to win the World Cup. They start as favourites. For me, India and England start as favourites. - VVS Laxman, Former India cricketer
He called the Indian team's performance brilliant and said, The way they played, I would like to congratulate the entire team. The way they played right from the Australia series to the New Zealand series... and it's not only one or two players who have put their hand up. Everyone has contributed. So it's great to see bowling and batting departments contribute."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News