India vs Australia - Update
February 15, 2019
Today the Indian squad for the limited over series against Australia will be chosen. The main focus is on who the selectors will choose between Jaydev Unadkat and Khaleel Ahmed.
India will play two T20 Internationals and five ODIs from 24 February. This will be their last international assignment before the World Cup, which begins in England on 30 May.
The series against Australia will decide who will be chosen between Rishabh Pant and Dinesh Karthik as batsman and second wicketkeeper for the World Cup.
KL Rahul is back as third opener while vice captain Rohit Sharma is likely to be picked for the ODIs.
The choice is now who will be the left-arm seamer. Khaleel, from Rajasthan, played well in Australia and New Zealand but may not be fit for the World Cup. Unadkat is back in form after a good Ranji Trophy season where he led Saurashtra to the final.
Meanwhile former India cricketer VVS Laxman has chosen his two favourites in the world Cup. He says that while Australia will start as the defending champions India and England will go into the tournament as the top two contenders for the title. England are the top-ranked side in the world in the ICC ODI rankings followed by India at number two.
Speaking to a wire agency, VVS Laxman said,
The World Cup is a long format so every player should be at his best physically and mentally if India has to win the World Cup. They start as favourites. For me, India and England start as favourites. - VVS Laxman, Former India cricketer
He called the Indian team's performance brilliant and said, The way they played, I would like to congratulate the entire team. The way they played right from the Australia series to the New Zealand series... and it's not only one or two players who have put their hand up. Everyone has contributed. So it's great to see bowling and batting departments contribute."
Watch in Sign Language
- High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
August 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Former union Minister P Chidambaram in CBI custody until Monday
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Ex Minister Arun Jaitley is no more
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News