40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
February 15, 2019
At least 40 soldiers of the CRPF-Central Reserve Police Force have been killed in a major terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir yesterday.
The terror attack was carried out by a suicide bomber and took place in Awantipora town on the Jammu-Srinagar highway.
Jaish-e-Mohammed terror group based in Pakistan has claimed responsibility for the attack.
As per reports, the attack was carried out through an explosive laden Scorpio car which was crashed into vehicles of the CRPF convoy at around 3:30 pm.
The car was being driven by a local man Adil Ahmad from Pulwama who is reported to be a member of the terror group JeM- Jaish-e-Mohammed.
The target of the attack was a convoy of 70 vehicles that had 2,500 CRPF personnel. The car used in the suicide attack was carrying 350 kg IED- Improvised Explosive Device explosives and crashed into one bus carrying soldiers.
PM Narendra Modi tweeted, " Attack on CRPF personnel in Pulwama is despicable. I strongly condemn this dastardly attack. The sacrifices of our brave security personnel shall not go in vain. The entire nation stands shoulder to shoulder with the families of the brave martyrs. May the injured recover quickly."Several injured jawans are undergoing treatment in local hospital.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News