40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
February 15, 2019
At least 40 soldiers of the CRPF-Central Reserve Police Force have been killed in a major terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir yesterday.
The terror attack was carried out by a suicide bomber and took place in Awantipora town on the Jammu-Srinagar highway.
Jaish-e-Mohammed terror group based in Pakistan has claimed responsibility for the attack.
As per reports, the attack was carried out through an explosive laden Scorpio car which was crashed into vehicles of the CRPF convoy at around 3:30 pm.
The car was being driven by a local man Adil Ahmad from Pulwama who is reported to be a member of the terror group JeM- Jaish-e-Mohammed.
The target of the attack was a convoy of 70 vehicles that had 2,500 CRPF personnel. The car used in the suicide attack was carrying 350 kg IED- Improvised Explosive Device explosives and crashed into one bus carrying soldiers.
PM Narendra Modi tweeted, " Attack on CRPF personnel in Pulwama is despicable. I strongly condemn this dastardly attack. The sacrifices of our brave security personnel shall not go in vain. The entire nation stands shoulder to shoulder with the families of the brave martyrs. May the injured recover quickly."Several injured jawans are undergoing treatment in local hospital.
Watch in Sign Language
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda raises doubts on airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
March 22, 2019
- Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News