Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
February 16, 2019
The United States government has condemned the terror attack in Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir that claimed the lives of over 40 CRPF personnel and left many injured. The White House has asked Pakistan to immediately end support to all terror groups.
Pakistan-based outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the attack on Thursday that left over 40 personnel dead and many critically wounded. A Jaish suicide bomber rammed a vehicle carrying over 350 kg of explosives into security buses in Pulwama.
The United States calls on Pakistan to end immediately the support and safe haven provided to all terrorist groups operating on its soil, whose only goal is to sow chaos, violence, and terror in the region. This attack only strengthens our resolve to bolster counter-terrorism cooperation and coordination between the United States and India - Sarah Sanders, White House Press Secretary
The attack seems to have been the result of a massive intelligence failure. Sources said the JeM uploaded a video showing an attack in Afghanistan, where an explosive-laden vehicle used. The state police had shared the video and input about the possible attack with intelligence agencies.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has cancelled all political programs planned to campaign for the upcoming national election. He held a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) to discuss the attack and the security situation with top ministers. The three military chiefs were also present. The government has promised action and Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has tweeted"Terrorists will be given unforgettable lesson for their heinous act".
Congress president Rahul Gandhi cancelled a lunch with envoys of G-20 countries and his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra called off her first press conference, saying it was not an appropriate time to talk politics.
Watch in Sign Language
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda raises doubts on airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
March 22, 2019
- Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News