Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
February 16, 2019
The United States government has condemned the terror attack in Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir that claimed the lives of over 40 CRPF personnel and left many injured. The White House has asked Pakistan to immediately end support to all terror groups.
Pakistan-based outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the attack on Thursday that left over 40 personnel dead and many critically wounded. A Jaish suicide bomber rammed a vehicle carrying over 350 kg of explosives into security buses in Pulwama.
The United States calls on Pakistan to end immediately the support and safe haven provided to all terrorist groups operating on its soil, whose only goal is to sow chaos, violence, and terror in the region. This attack only strengthens our resolve to bolster counter-terrorism cooperation and coordination between the United States and India - Sarah Sanders, White House Press Secretary
The attack seems to have been the result of a massive intelligence failure. Sources said the JeM uploaded a video showing an attack in Afghanistan, where an explosive-laden vehicle used. The state police had shared the video and input about the possible attack with intelligence agencies.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has cancelled all political programs planned to campaign for the upcoming national election. He held a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) to discuss the attack and the security situation with top ministers. The three military chiefs were also present. The government has promised action and Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has tweeted"Terrorists will be given unforgettable lesson for their heinous act".
Congress president Rahul Gandhi cancelled a lunch with envoys of G-20 countries and his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra called off her first press conference, saying it was not an appropriate time to talk politics.
Watch in Sign Language
- High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
August 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 Understanding Teaching Nonverbal Children
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Former union Minister P Chidambaram in CBI custody until Monday
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Parasports August 26, 2019 National selection camp for wheelchair basketball underway in Chennai
- Employment August 26, 2019 Sample these wholesome & delicious cookies baked by people with Down syndrome at Satya Bakery
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News