Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
February 16, 2019
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off India's fastest train Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 on Friday from the national capital in New Delhi. The train will run between Delhi and Varanasi at a maximum speed of 160 km/hour. The train which is fully air-conditioned has 16 coaches. It has been built at a cost of Rs 97 crore. Vande Bharat Express will cut travel time by 15% when compared to Shatabdi Express.
India gets the first Semi High Speed Train, 'Vande Bharat Express-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
This is India's first semi high speed train. The journey from Delhi to Varanasi is expected to take at least nine hours in Vande Bharat Express. It will stop at Allahabad and Kanpur as well. On the inaugural day, special programmes were planned at both the stops. Vande Bharat Express has a seating capacity of over 1128 passengers.
Electric equipments of this train are shifted below so that there will be more space and room for passengers.
"India's fastest train #VandeBharatExpress (code-named Train 18) at New Delhi Railway station. Indian Railways' first engine-less train - Train 18 - has been manufactured at a cost of Rs 97 crore and is a proud Make In India product", tweeted Rabiul Islam.
During the inauguration, Modi observed a two minute silence for the martyrs who died at the suicide attack at Pulwama in Srinagar.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Narendra Modi launches ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ campaign
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Kerala youngster Vijesh Vijayan wins battle for justice in Kerala High Court
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Parenting corner- Managing stress
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News