US Supreme Court welcomes deaf attorneys into the bar association
May 20, 2016
John Roberts, the Chief Justice of the United States, used American Sign Language to admit lawyers to the US Supreme Court Bar for the first time.
Twelve attorneys of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Bar Association (DHHBA) took an oath to uphold the law of the land.
The Chief Justice had especially learnt sign language for the ceremony.
The court hopes that this will set a precedence for those with disabilities to pursue a legal career.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News