US Supreme Court welcomes deaf attorneys into the bar association
May 20, 2016
John Roberts, the Chief Justice of the United States, used American Sign Language to admit lawyers to the US Supreme Court Bar for the first time.
Twelve attorneys of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Bar Association (DHHBA) took an oath to uphold the law of the land.
The Chief Justice had especially learnt sign language for the ceremony.
The court hopes that this will set a precedence for those with disabilities to pursue a legal career.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News