Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
February 17, 2019
On Friday, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the Vande Bharat Express, India's fastest train. But the train met with technical glitches and broke down on Saturday. Reportedly, the brakes jammed in one of the coaches and electricity went off in several others. According to engineers on the train, the snag was unfixable at the moment and the train could cross speed of 40 kmph. The train broke down 200 kms outside New Delhi, which was its starting point.
The issue that led to the breakdown of the #VandeBharatExpress must be addressed before it hits commercial operations & the train 18s under production also shud be tested more rigorously Mr. @PiyushGoyal-Kushal Sharma, Twitter User
The train started to make weird noises on Saturday early morning. That is when authorities decided to take a look. Passengers inside the train including railway officials and journalists had to be shifted to another train after it broke down. Loco pilots said that the most probable reason for the train to be jammed is because it might have hit a cow on the tracks.
While most of the social media users criticised the government for running the train hastily, some of them came out and supported the government.
"The issue that led to the breakdown of the #VandeBharatExpress must be addressed before it hits commercial operations & the train 18s under production also shud be tested more rigorously Mr. @PiyushGoyal", tweeted Sudhansu Patro.
Detailed investigations are being held to understand what the real cause of the breakdown is. Vande Bharat Express, also known as Train 18, had its destination at Varanasi.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Disabled people share uncomfortable encounters on social media with hash tag #AbledsAreWeird
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News