Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
February 17, 2019
The killing of the 40 CRPF soldiers in a suicide terror attack in Pulwama is being mourned all over the country.
State governments have announced compensations for the families of the slain soldiers.
Madhya Pradesh government will give 1 Crore to the family of Ashwini Kumar Kachhi, CRPF jawan from the state who was martyred in the Pulwama attack.
2 jawans were from Maharashtra and their families will be given Rs 50-lakh compensation by the state government.
Punjab government will give Rs 12-lakh compensation each to the families of four CRPF jawans from the state.
Other states such as Uttrakhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh have announced 25 lakh as compensation for families of killed CRPF jawans from the state.
Several individuals including sportsmen and celebrities have also come forward with offers and announcement of help for the families of the martyrs.
Nita Ambani-led Reliance Foundation has also announced that the foundation will take full responsibility for the education and employment of the martyrs' children.
Actor Amitabh Bachchan will be donating Rs 5 lakh each to the families of the 40 CRPF soldiers.
Former cricketer Virender Sehwag has also proposed that he will bear educational expenses of children of the 40 CRPF soldiers.
The famous Siddhivinayak Temple managment in Mumbai will also give Rs 51 lakh to families of the soldiers.
Olympian boxer Vijender Singh will donate his one month's salary for the martyrs.
Social media has been flooded messages about the attack.
Shashi GoswamiŹ @ImShashiG tweeted,"After #PulwamaTerrorAttack pakistan should be treated as an enemy..and never be forgive. If Pakistan is forgiven then it will be an insult of our martyred soldiers."
ALSO READ: 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Watch in Sign Language
- Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
May 27, 2019
- PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
May 27, 2019
- Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
May 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 26, 2019 Rahul Gandhi's resignation offer rejected
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 Sports has many benefits for amputees, so go for it, say experts
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 #BeingMom - Pratibha Bhatnagar shows us why mothers are such champions
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Pune centre builds awareness, stands up to the stigma around schizophrenia
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 An exclusive anthem for children with hearing disabilities aims to spread awareness
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News