Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
February 17, 2019
The killing of the 40 CRPF soldiers in a suicide terror attack in Pulwama is being mourned all over the country.
State governments have announced compensations for the families of the slain soldiers.
Madhya Pradesh government will give 1 Crore to the family of Ashwini Kumar Kachhi, CRPF jawan from the state who was martyred in the Pulwama attack.
2 jawans were from Maharashtra and their families will be given Rs 50-lakh compensation by the state government.
Punjab government will give Rs 12-lakh compensation each to the families of four CRPF jawans from the state.
Other states such as Uttrakhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh have announced 25 lakh as compensation for families of killed CRPF jawans from the state.
Several individuals including sportsmen and celebrities have also come forward with offers and announcement of help for the families of the martyrs.
Nita Ambani-led Reliance Foundation has also announced that the foundation will take full responsibility for the education and employment of the martyrs' children.
Actor Amitabh Bachchan will be donating Rs 5 lakh each to the families of the 40 CRPF soldiers.
Former cricketer Virender Sehwag has also proposed that he will bear educational expenses of children of the 40 CRPF soldiers.
The famous Siddhivinayak Temple managment in Mumbai will also give Rs 51 lakh to families of the soldiers.
Olympian boxer Vijender Singh will donate his one month's salary for the martyrs.
Social media has been flooded messages about the attack.
Shashi Goswami @ImShashiG tweeted,"After #PulwamaTerrorAttack pakistan should be treated as an enemy..and never be forgive. If Pakistan is forgiven then it will be an insult of our martyred soldiers."
ALSO READ: 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Watch in Sign Language
- Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
August 22, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News