Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
February 17, 2019
The killing of the 40 CRPF soldiers in a suicide terror attack in Pulwama is being mourned all over the country.
State governments have announced compensations for the families of the slain soldiers.
Madhya Pradesh government will give 1 Crore to the family of Ashwini Kumar Kachhi, CRPF jawan from the state who was martyred in the Pulwama attack.
2 jawans were from Maharashtra and their families will be given Rs 50-lakh compensation by the state government.
Punjab government will give Rs 12-lakh compensation each to the families of four CRPF jawans from the state.
Other states such as Uttrakhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh have announced 25 lakh as compensation for families of killed CRPF jawans from the state.
Several individuals including sportsmen and celebrities have also come forward with offers and announcement of help for the families of the martyrs.
Nita Ambani-led Reliance Foundation has also announced that the foundation will take full responsibility for the education and employment of the martyrs' children.
Actor Amitabh Bachchan will be donating Rs 5 lakh each to the families of the 40 CRPF soldiers.
Former cricketer Virender Sehwag has also proposed that he will bear educational expenses of children of the 40 CRPF soldiers.
The famous Siddhivinayak Temple managment in Mumbai will also give Rs 51 lakh to families of the soldiers.
Olympian boxer Vijender Singh will donate his one month's salary for the martyrs.
Social media has been flooded messages about the attack.
Shashi GoswamiŹ @ImShashiG tweeted,"After #PulwamaTerrorAttack pakistan should be treated as an enemy..and never be forgive. If Pakistan is forgiven then it will be an insult of our martyred soldiers."
ALSO READ: 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Nirav Modi arrested in London
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News