A shirt that can help the deaf feel music
London-based tech-fashion company CuteCircuit has successfully tested a shirt that can help deaf people feel the music they cannot hear.
The Sound Shirt is connected to a computer system that picks up the audio from microphones placed at various points around an orchestra’s stage. It is filled with little motors that vibrate in relation to the intensity of the music being played.
The deeper notes set off the motors in the lower parts of torso, while the lighter set them off around the neck area.
Watch this demo to see how the Sound Shirt works.
Watch in Sign Language
- Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
December 17, 2018
- Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
December 10, 2018
- Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Events December 17, 2018 All India Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018