Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
February 18, 2019
Last year, South Indian superstar Rajinikanth had announced his foray into politics. On Sunday, the actor turned politician said that he will not contest in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. He also added that he does not support any political party. He wants his fans and others to refrain from using his name for any sort of propaganda as well.
Rajinikanth clearly stated that neither his picture nor the flag of his party Rajini Makkal Mandram must be used for any sort of election campaigning in the state of Tamil Nadu. He also added that the people must ensure to vote for a party that works towards solving Tamil Nadu's water crisis. All the details were mentioned in an official statement released by him.
Earlier, there were reports that Rajinikanth is supporting the right wing central government. But keeping aside all speculations, the actor turned politician has decided to stay away from the upcoming national elections.
When it comes to politics time & opportunities are the critical factors. Grt example is @realDonaldTrump announced his presidential run just 1 year before the US elections & rest is history. With #RMM he is building the infra needed for the party. #Rajinikanth is a Strategist!-Prasanna Venkatesh, Twitter User
Rajinikanth, popularly known as Thalaivar is one of the most influential and popular superstars of the Indian film industry. Most of his fans took to social media to support the actor's decision.
"Letter from #Superstar #Thalaivar @rajinikanth clarifying his stand on the forthcoming Parliamentary Elections. He will not be participating & his goal is only the Assembly Elections. Further he has not extended his support to any party. Requests voters to vote judiciously", tweeted Subramanian Suryanarayanan
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News