Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
February 18, 2019
Last year, South Indian superstar Rajinikanth had announced his foray into politics. On Sunday, the actor turned politician said that he will not contest in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. He also added that he does not support any political party. He wants his fans and others to refrain from using his name for any sort of propaganda as well.
Rajinikanth clearly stated that neither his picture nor the flag of his party Rajini Makkal Mandram must be used for any sort of election campaigning in the state of Tamil Nadu. He also added that the people must ensure to vote for a party that works towards solving Tamil Nadu's water crisis. All the details were mentioned in an official statement released by him.
Earlier, there were reports that Rajinikanth is supporting the right wing central government. But keeping aside all speculations, the actor turned politician has decided to stay away from the upcoming national elections.
When it comes to politics time & opportunities are the critical factors. Grt example is @realDonaldTrump announced his presidential run just 1 year before the US elections & rest is history. With #RMM he is building the infra needed for the party. #Rajinikanth is a Strategist!-Prasanna Venkatesh, Twitter User
Rajinikanth, popularly known as Thalaivar is one of the most influential and popular superstars of the Indian film industry. Most of his fans took to social media to support the actor's decision.
"Letter from #Superstar #Thalaivar @rajinikanth clarifying his stand on the forthcoming Parliamentary Elections. He will not be participating & his goal is only the Assembly Elections. Further he has not extended his support to any party. Requests voters to vote judiciously", tweeted Subramanian Suryanarayanan
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Disabled people share uncomfortable encounters on social media with hash tag #AbledsAreWeird
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Narendra Modi launches ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ campaign
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News