Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
February 18, 2019
A shutdown has been called in Kashmir after reports that people from the state have been targeted in different parts of India following the terror attack in which 40 people were killed. The Centre has issued an advisory to all the states o ensure their safety.
The CRPF soldiers were killed after a convoy was targeted by a Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) suicide bomber on the Jammu-Srinagar highway last week, triggering anger among the public.
There have been some reports of students and other residents of Jammu and Kashmir experiencing threats and intimidation in the wake of terrorist attack in Pulwama. Therefore, the MHA today issued an advisory to all states and union territories to take necessary measures to ensure their safety and security. Ministry of Home Affairs
In Dehradun, Uttarakhand, some Kashmiri students allege they have been asked to vacate their homes by landlords who fear attacks on their properties. This is also the case in Haryana and Bihar. In Patna, Kashmiri traders said they were attacked by a mob.
In Jammu many vehicles were set on fire and curfew has been clamped in the city for three days in a row. Government workers in Jammu said their homes and vehicles were attacked.
The CRPF has released a helpline number for people of the state, who are facing harassment. "Kashmiri students and general public, presently out of Kashmir can contact @CRPFmadadgaar on 24x7 toll free number 14411 or SMS us at 7082814411 for speedy assistance in case they face any difficulties/harassment," tweeted the CRPF.
Meanwhile the state government has withdrawn the security given to five separatist leaders. All the security and vehicles provided to them has been taken back and they will not be protected, said Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
"Some elements in Jammu and Kashmir have links with the ISI and terrorist organisations. Their security should be reviewed," said Singh after reviewing security in the state.
Watch in Sign Language
- High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
August 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 Understanding Teaching Nonverbal Children
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News