Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
Hello Seniors, Come spend an evening full of joy make your brain cells run treadmill of cognition and let music and art give you therapy.
Group therapy session for seniors, to provide Cognitive stimulation therapy through Art,music therapy. Session will be facilitated by Elder care specialist therapist. All Seniors with a family member or caregivers are welcome to attend the event.
WHAT'S A MEMORY CAFE?
Loneliness and social isolation are growing problems in our country, especially seniors. Social isolation is one the risk factor for developing dementia in late life as per the recent Lancet study. The need for out-of-the-box thinking is acute. In fact instead of only prescribing a drug for someone, doctors in UK, Canada are now prescribing social activities , they are sending them to the local bingo hall or museum, recommending therapeutic art or to sing in a choir. Keeping this in mind, Echoing Healthy Ageing (EHA) is hosting the Mumbai Memory Café.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Mumbai Memory Café sessions are designed for seniors, to provide art, music, reminiscence therapy in group settings. Our events are dementia friendly, we encourage people with dementia(early, moderate stage) to join in group session with their caregiver(family member) to spend quality time with each other while working on art project or singing out loud their favourite songs.
HOW CAN IT HELP? Cognitive Stimulation programme comprises of themed activities, usually carried out over several weeks in small groups, led by a trained therapist. Each session covers a different topic and is designed to improve the mental abilities.
BOOKING KNOW HOW
The Session will be facilitated by Elder care specialist therapist. Activities material and refreshments provided.
- Starts on: Saturday, 23 Feb 2019 at 04:15 PM
- Ends on: Saturday, 23 Feb 2019 at 05:30 PM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: Workbay (Bandra West) 101, Deccan House , Waman Pundlik Warde Marg
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Echoing Healthy Ageing
- Organizer Phone: 9167 613665
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.echoinghealthyageing.com/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News