Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
February 18, 2019
The country lost 40 brave soldiers to a suicide terror attack this week in Pulwama in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The country has been in a state of shock and sadness after the gruesome accident.
Several individuals, organizations and governments have offered financial help and moral support to the families of the 40 slain jawans.
As per reports, actor Salman Khan has also made a contribution to a fund that wil provide financial help to the bereaved families.
Earlier he had tweeted
My heart goes out for the Jawans of our beloved country and their families who lost their lives as martyrs to save our families...#YouStandForIndia.
Salman Khan has made a donation to the#BharatKeVeer fund and his gesture has been appreciated by the government.
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju tweeted, "Thank you, Salman, on offering to contribute for Pulwama Martyrs through Being Human Foundation."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News