Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
February 18, 2019
The country lost 40 brave soldiers to a suicide terror attack this week in Pulwama in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The country has been in a state of shock and sadness after the gruesome accident.
Several individuals, organizations and governments have offered financial help and moral support to the families of the 40 slain jawans.
As per reports, actor Salman Khan has also made a contribution to a fund that wil provide financial help to the bereaved families.
Earlier he had tweeted
My heart goes out for the Jawans of our beloved country and their families who lost their lives as martyrs to save our families...#YouStandForIndia.
Salman Khan has made a donation to the#BharatKeVeer fund and his gesture has been appreciated by the government.
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju tweeted, "Thank you, Salman, on offering to contribute for Pulwama Martyrs through Being Human Foundation."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 How a Facebook page helped rally a support group for wheelchair users in Kerala
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda raises doubts on airstrike in Balakot
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News