Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
February 19, 2019
India lost 40 brave souls in the Pulwama attack that happened on 14 February. Families of the martyrs have been getting financial help from across the country. Infosys Foundation, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) wing of one of the world's biggest tech companies, has come forward with help. They have promised Rs 10 lakh each to families of the martyred soldiers.
The news was confirmed by Infosys Foundation Chairperson Mrs Sudha Murthy. People took to social media to congratulate the company's initiative. Infosys employees expressed their love and gratitude towards their company.
Kinda proud of working in this organization. Timely and least possible thing we could do. #PulwamaAttack-Ankit Barlota, Twitter User
On the fateful day of 14 February, an explosives loaded vehicle driven by a terrorist from the Jaish E Mohammed, rammed into a CRPF convoy hitting one of the buses. 40 soldiers from across India who were returning to work after their holidays were killed in the attack.
"Thank you #Infosys Great Gesture. And I am a #ProudInfoscion", tweeted Sudheev Divakaran.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News