Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
February 19, 2019
A close aide of Jaish-e-Mohammad commander Masood Azhar was killed in an encounter in Pulwama on Monday. The name of the aide was Kamran and security forces say he was close to Azhar and responsible for recruiting and training terrorists in the Kashmir Valley.
Another terrorist was also killed and he has been identified as Ghazi Rasheed, who specialized in making explosives.
Also killed were four soldiers, one of them an officer in an overnight encounter with Jaish terrorists in Pulwama. This happened just 10 km from the site where over 40 soldiers were killed in a terror attack on 14 February. The soldiers killed belonged to the 55 Rashtriya Rifles.
Indian forces received a tip off that three terrorists, including the handler of the Pulwama suicide bomber Adil Ahmed Dar, were hiding in Pinglan.
Kamran was believed to have masterminded the attack on the CRPF soldiers, which is the worst on security forces in Kashmir. Dar drove his car close to a CRPF convoy of 78 buses on the Jammu-Srinagar highway and detonated around 60 kg of RDX, killing over 40 personnel reporting to duty after leave. Gazi was the bomb-maker.
In a major diplomatic offensive against Pakistan, India has highlighted its role in using terrorism as an instrument of state policy. It has demanded that Pakistan should take immediate and verifiable action against terrorists and terror groups operating from areas under its control.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News