Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
February 19, 2019
A close aide of Jaish-e-Mohammad commander Masood Azhar was killed in an encounter in Pulwama on Monday. The name of the aide was Kamran and security forces say he was close to Azhar and responsible for recruiting and training terrorists in the Kashmir Valley.
Another terrorist was also killed and he has been identified as Ghazi Rasheed, who specialized in making explosives.
Also killed were four soldiers, one of them an officer in an overnight encounter with Jaish terrorists in Pulwama. This happened just 10 km from the site where over 40 soldiers were killed in a terror attack on 14 February. The soldiers killed belonged to the 55 Rashtriya Rifles.
Indian forces received a tip off that three terrorists, including the handler of the Pulwama suicide bomber Adil Ahmed Dar, were hiding in Pinglan.
Kamran was believed to have masterminded the attack on the CRPF soldiers, which is the worst on security forces in Kashmir. Dar drove his car close to a CRPF convoy of 78 buses on the Jammu-Srinagar highway and detonated around 60 kg of RDX, killing over 40 personnel reporting to duty after leave. Gazi was the bomb-maker.
In a major diplomatic offensive against Pakistan, India has highlighted its role in using terrorism as an instrument of state policy. It has demanded that Pakistan should take immediate and verifiable action against terrorists and terror groups operating from areas under its control.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Mumbai bridge collapse - Families demand answers
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Narendra Modi launches ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ campaign
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 22, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News