Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
February 19, 2019
Leading governing body of the Indian film industry has decided not to work with Pakistani actors and artists anymore.
This decision has been taken by the All India Cine Workers Association in response to the recent attack on CRPF jawans that killed 40 soldiers
The suicide attack that killed 40 soldiers in Pulwama was carried out by Pakistan based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed- JeM through a Kashmiri man.
All India Cine Workers Association has announced a complete ban on Pakistani actors and artists working in Indian film industry. In case the ban is not followed, organisations working with Pakistani artists will face strong action from the association.
Social media users are talking about the ban.
anita katyal @anitaakat tweeted," Replying to @MinhazMerchant This is just jingoistic doublespeak by the film industry. It should also ensure its our movies are not released in Pakistan. But, I guess, profiteering from Pakistan is ok."
Actor Ajay Devgn has also announced that his upcoming movie 'Total Dhamaal' will not be released in Pakistan.
Twitter user shared opinion on the announcements.
Pranav @Pranav94863824 wrote,"Replying to @MinhazMerchant But they said this after uri attack too. But still after that Pak singers sung for Bollywood movies"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News