Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
February 20, 2019
After the recent suicide attack on a CRPF convoy in Jammu & Kashmir, security forces had carried out massive operations to eliminate terrorists from the region.
Lieutenant General KJS Dhillon has informed that Indian Army has killed the leadership of Jaish-e-Mohammed- JeM terror group in Jammu and Kashmir. Three terrorists were killed by the army in the state after an encounter in Pulwama yesterday. The terrorist are believed to be heading the operation of JeM in Jammu and Kashmir State.
JeM terrorists have been killed within 100 hours of the 14 February attack that killed 40 CRPF jawans. The terror group has taken the responsibility for the suicide terror attack.
Lieutenant General KJS Dhillon has also said, "Anyone who has picked up a gun will be killed and eliminated."
Four soldiers of the Indian army and a civilian were also killed in the 12 hour long encounter.
The families of the slain soldiers have been offered financial help and support from all corners.
The State Bank of India- SBI has also announced that loans taken by the 40 soldiers who were killed in Pulwama will be waived off. A UPI payment gateway has been created by the bank so that people can make donations for the families of the soldiers.
The bank is also making sure that the insurance money of Rs 30 lakh under the 'Defense Salary Package' is processed without any delay.
Social media users have shared their thoughts at the army's action.
Amit Malviya ¸Verified account @amitmalviya After eliminating Jaish leadership in the valley within 100 hours of Pulwama attack, unequivocal message from Army, "Anyone who has picked up a gun will be killed & eliminated". That is an empowered Army, which has been given a free hand. Political will to fight terror matters.
harip @Harijnvi Replying to @amitmalviya Haven't resolved Stone pelters who obstruct army operation ... Army should comedown heavily on them.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News