India Premier League season starts 23 March
February 20, 2019
The schedule of the India Premier League Season 12 has been announced by the Committee of Administrators - CoA and the Board of Control for Cricket in India - BCCI.
However, instead of the full schedule, the details are only for the first two weeks of IPL 2019, as the dates of general elections has not been announced yet.
The first two weeks will see 17 matches played between the IPL teams. The opening match will be played on 23 March between Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Chennai Super Kings are the defending champions of IPL.
As per the details released so far, all teams will play minimum of four matches while Delhi Capitals and Royal Challengers Bangalore will be playing five matches in the two weeks duration.
The rest of the IPL-12 schedule will be declared after election dates are announced.
Social media users responded to the announcement.
Hansi Harianvi @HHarianviwrote,"Replying to @IndiaToday @ITGDsports This shows that elections r important & not sports in our country."
Abhijith S @Abhi_mania tweeted,"Wonder why people don't tag @BCCI to postpone the IPL in the meantime when the whole country is mourning but rather want fun & entertainment of the IPL, meanwhile want India to concede a match vs Pak in the WC even that means our national team gets knocked out the WC.. #INDvPAK"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News