Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
February 21, 2019
United States President Donald Trump has called the Pulwama terrorist attack by Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) a "horrible situation". Forty Indian soldiers were killed in the attack, which took place last week. They were killed when a JeM terrorist rammed car filled with explosives into a vehicle they were in.
The attack has led to tensions between India and Pakistan rising and Trump said it would be wonderful if India and Pakistan could get along.
I have watched. I have got a lot of reports on it. We will have comment (on it) at an appropriate time. It would be wonderful if they get along. - Donald Trump, United States President
Trump's National Security Advisor John Bolton, has supported India's right to self-defence. U S Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders have also made statements asking Pakistan to immediately take action against the JeM and its leaders and end support to terrorism.
United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres has also called on India and Pakistan to take "immediate steps" to reduce tensions offering that the UN would step in if asked. "The Secretary General stresses the importance for both sides to exercise maximum restraint and take immediate steps to de-escalation, and his good offices are always available should both sides ask," said the UN chief's spokesperson.
Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has asked the UN to step in to reduce tensions.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News