Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
February 21, 2019
Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Bin Salman (MBS), arrived to India on Tuesday to discuss about matters to strengthen ties between the two nations. The prince was welcomed by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi who even broke the protocols to welcome the prince. Popularly known as MBS, the crown prince arrived at New Delhi airport with his ministers on Tuesday evening.
India is delighted to welcome HRH Mohammed Bin Salman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
Apart from strengthening business ties, MBS said that one of the major concerns of the two nations will be to combat terrorism. He added that even intelligence information will be shared if required to put an end to terrorism. Both Modi and MBS added that there is urgent need to increase pressure on countries that support terrorism.
Saudi Arabia also became the 73rd nation to sign the International Solar Alliance which was unveiled by Narendra Modi and former French President Francois Hollande in 2015. Modi added that he extends his warm welcome in Saudi Arabia joining the alliance.
"Breaking protocol for a cherished friend! PM @narendramodi personally welcomes Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud on his first visit to India. A quick perusal of the broad-based ties between #IndiaSaudiArabia", tweeted Indian Diplomacy, official account of India's Public Diplomacy, Ministry of External Affairs.
MBS even added that Narendra Modi is like an elder brother to him, and that he admires the Indian leader. MBS was on a visit to Pakistan before arriving to India. He met Pak Prime Minister Imran Khan where they discussed ways to strengthen business ties between the two nations. Reportedly, MBS ordered for the release of over 2000 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia has part of extending his love and affection to the country.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News