Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
February 21, 2019
Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Bin Salman (MBS), arrived to India on Tuesday to discuss about matters to strengthen ties between the two nations. The prince was welcomed by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi who even broke the protocols to welcome the prince. Popularly known as MBS, the crown prince arrived at New Delhi airport with his ministers on Tuesday evening.
India is delighted to welcome HRH Mohammed Bin Salman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
Apart from strengthening business ties, MBS said that one of the major concerns of the two nations will be to combat terrorism. He added that even intelligence information will be shared if required to put an end to terrorism. Both Modi and MBS added that there is urgent need to increase pressure on countries that support terrorism.
Saudi Arabia also became the 73rd nation to sign the International Solar Alliance which was unveiled by Narendra Modi and former French President Francois Hollande in 2015. Modi added that he extends his warm welcome in Saudi Arabia joining the alliance.
"Breaking protocol for a cherished friend! PM @narendramodi personally welcomes Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud on his first visit to India. A quick perusal of the broad-based ties between #IndiaSaudiArabia", tweeted Indian Diplomacy, official account of India's Public Diplomacy, Ministry of External Affairs.
MBS even added that Narendra Modi is like an elder brother to him, and that he admires the Indian leader. MBS was on a visit to Pakistan before arriving to India. He met Pak Prime Minister Imran Khan where they discussed ways to strengthen business ties between the two nations. Reportedly, MBS ordered for the release of over 2000 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi Arabia has part of extending his love and affection to the country.
Watch in Sign Language
- High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
August 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 24 Aug-25 Aug
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Parasports August 26, 2019 India para shuttlers win 12 medals at BWF World Championship Para-Badminton 2019
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 24, 2019 United Nation supports Priyanka Chopra
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News