Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
February 21, 2019
Anil Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Communications did not get any relief from the Supreme Court in the Ericsson India case.
The case has been filed by Ericsson India against Anil Ambani for failing to keep his commitment of paying dues of Rs550 crore.
Anil Ambani and two Directors of his company have been found guilty of contempt of court.
Here are the case details, Ericsson is a Sweden based company and was managing the RCom - Reliance Communications network in India.
As per reports, Reliance Communications settled a repayment of 1,600 crore in dues by offering to pay Rs 550 crores after filing for bankruptcy. However, the company failed to make the payment by 15 December, which was the final deadline.
Ericsson then filed case against Chairman Anil Ambani in January this year and Supreme Court heard the plea yesterday.
The Supreme Court has ordered that Anil will need to pay Rs 453 crore to Ericsson within four weeks or he will be jailed for a duration of three months.
Social media users shared thoughts about the Court's decision.
Replying to @ndtv @LogicalBabaa tweeted,"Since this is a foreign company the case is being heard. If it is an Indian company, they would have been threatened and even a false case foisted on them."
CA AJ¸ @LostSoulXD wrote,"Replying to @ndtv Just 3 months jail for not paying 450 crore? I think 99% of the people will opt for this scheme"
ALSO READ: Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
Watch in Sign Language
- Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
May 27, 2019
- PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
May 27, 2019
- Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
May 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Hi-tech hearing implants must be followed by rehab programmes say experts
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 The thrills & chills of being a showstopper - Guest column by Simran Chawla
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 27, 2019 Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 26, 2019 #SidhuQuitPolitics trends on social media
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News