World Cup cricket - India Pakistan matches doubtful
February 22, 2019
The terror attack in Pulwama where a suicide bomber killed 40 CRPF jawans has seen India-Pakistan ties fall to an all time low. Now cricket fans want Virat Kohli and team to boycott Pakistan and not play them at Manchester on 16 June in their group game of the 2019 World Cup.
There are doubts whether the agreement will allow the Indian cricket board to do that, but officials in India said there are chances of India refusing.
The BCCI had resolved at the Special General Meeting that the members participation agreement shall not be executed without the authorization of the general body of the BCCI and the BCCI reserves all its rights regarding the MPA and regarding its participation in any other multi-nation tournament or games not covered by the MPA. That answers your question. - Board of Control for Cricket in India
Another official also said that the BCCI cannot be forced to even play in the World Cup. And that it is also free to lay down conditions regarding Pakistan.
Former India cricket captain Saurav Ganguly has said all sporting ties with Pakistan should be cut off. "There is no chance of a bilateral series with Pakistan after this incident. I agree that after this attack, India should not only stop playing cricket, hockey or football with Pakistan but cut all ties with them".
Sentiments in the cricket fraternity are running high after the attack. Last week, the Vidarbha Cricket Association (VCA) removed pictures of former Pakistani cricketers from a stadium in Nagpur. These were photos of former Pakistan cricket team captain and current , batting legend Javed Miandad and some other players.
The cricket associations of Punjab and Rajasthan have also removed the pictures of former Pakistani cricket players from stadiums in Mohali and Jaipur.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 ‘Chaya’, a theatre performance by wheelchair users in Kerala, becomes grand success
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Female Special Police Officer in J&K shot dead by terrorists
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News