Security withdrawn for 18 J&K separatists
February 22, 2019
The Jammu and Kashmir administration has decided to withdraw the security cover given to 18 separatists and 155 politicians in the state.
The security provided to these people will be removed as a result of a review meeting about the protection needed by them.
Those who will not get the protection from administration any more include PDP leader Wahid Parra, IAS officer Shah Faesal, SAS Geelani, Aga Syed Mosvi, Maulvi Abbas Ansari and many more.
The administration has observed that these people are under no threat and it is a wastage of state resources to allot personnel for their protection.
The stern decision by the administration is a response to the recent suicide attack on CRPF convoy that took lives of 40 soldiers in Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir.
More than 1,000 police personnel and over 100 vehicles of the state, currently providing security to these people, will now be free to do the regular work.
Earlier this week, the security cover of six separatist leaders was also taken away.
Here are some responses of social media users.
The 72nd Virgin @72ndVirgin_ wrote,"Mehbooba Mufti seems to have full faith in Pakistan even after constant attacks from across the border. I urge the Govt to withdraw her security cover and let her engage with infiltrators at border. She may be able to convince them that there are no 72 virgins. #BoycottPakistan"
Ashwini @AshwiniPalkar1 Replying to @majorgauravarya I see no merit in withdrawal of security cover..They shud be stripped of der Indian passports n shud b thrown into prisons at d first instance of provocation... Withdrawal of security cover? Who is going to kill them anyways?? Dey r d ones encouraging terrorism in d valley."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Violence in West Bengal over vandalising of iconic statue
- Events May 15, 2019 Free Webinar - All About Autism: Education & Daily Living
- Get-hooked May 15, 2019 Art that moves & inspires, given a new life by HeART Beat Foundation
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Events May 15, 2019 Music Therapy Workshop
- Get-hooked May 13, 2019 Find out how Anjan breathes life into his paintings & caricatures
- Headlines May 15, 2019 No chance of a Third Front says DMK leader Stalin
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 In a first, people with disabilities attend the famous Thrissur Pooram
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News