Security withdrawn for 18 J&K separatists
February 22, 2019
The Jammu and Kashmir administration has decided to withdraw the security cover given to 18 separatists and 155 politicians in the state.
The security provided to these people will be removed as a result of a review meeting about the protection needed by them.
Those who will not get the protection from administration any more include PDP leader Wahid Parra, IAS officer Shah Faesal, SAS Geelani, Aga Syed Mosvi, Maulvi Abbas Ansari and many more.
The administration has observed that these people are under no threat and it is a wastage of state resources to allot personnel for their protection.
The stern decision by the administration is a response to the recent suicide attack on CRPF convoy that took lives of 40 soldiers in Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir.
More than 1,000 police personnel and over 100 vehicles of the state, currently providing security to these people, will now be free to do the regular work.
Earlier this week, the security cover of six separatist leaders was also taken away.
Here are some responses of social media users.
The 72nd Virgin @72ndVirgin_ wrote,"Mehbooba Mufti seems to have full faith in Pakistan even after constant attacks from across the border. I urge the Govt to withdraw her security cover and let her engage with infiltrators at border. She may be able to convince them that there are no 72 virgins. #BoycottPakistan"
Ashwini @AshwiniPalkar1 Replying to @majorgauravarya I see no merit in withdrawal of security cover..They shud be stripped of der Indian passports n shud b thrown into prisons at d first instance of provocation... Withdrawal of security cover? Who is going to kill them anyways?? Dey r d ones encouraging terrorism in d valley."
Watch in Sign Language
- Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
- PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
March 20, 2019
- One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
March 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Kerala youngster Vijesh Vijayan wins battle for justice in Kerala High Court
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Abidi talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Events March 14, 2019 Fun Club
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News