Court to hear Rafale petitions on Tuesday
February 24, 2019
The Supreme Court (SC) of India will hear the petitions seeking review of its Rafale verdict on 26 February. The petitions have been filed by former ministers Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie along with advocate Prashant Bhushan. They claimed that the 14 December judgement of the SC contained 'patent factual and legal errors'. The review petition filed by AAP MP Sanjay Singh is also listed for hearing along with the other two petitions.
The petitioners said that the top court had relied on information that was patently incorrect. They were seeking for hearing the plea in an open court. But the top court said that it cannot be done. The case will only be heard only in chambers.
Breaking News : SC agrees to conduct hearing on plea seeking review of its verdict in Rafale case. Justice is not dead. However powerful executive is it has to bow before judiciary. Judiciary is continuous, executive is at the will of people-Hemanth Krishne Gowda, Twitter User
Petitions were filed before the SC court challenging the central government's decision to buy 36 Rafale jets from France. Petitioners pointed out there were a huge financial fraudulence that happened. But the SC passed a verdict that procurement of the jets which was an Rs 58,000 crore deal, was done legally with both the countries entering into an agreement on purchase of the jets.
"Bad News for Modi SC to Hear on February 26 Pleas Seeking Review of Rafale Verdict", tweeted Shiraj Kesariya.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News