Court to hear Rafale petitions on Tuesday
February 24, 2019
The Supreme Court (SC) of India will hear the petitions seeking review of its Rafale verdict on 26 February. The petitions have been filed by former ministers Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie along with advocate Prashant Bhushan. They claimed that the 14 December judgement of the SC contained 'patent factual and legal errors'. The review petition filed by AAP MP Sanjay Singh is also listed for hearing along with the other two petitions.
The petitioners said that the top court had relied on information that was patently incorrect. They were seeking for hearing the plea in an open court. But the top court said that it cannot be done. The case will only be heard only in chambers.
Breaking News : SC agrees to conduct hearing on plea seeking review of its verdict in Rafale case. Justice is not dead. However powerful executive is it has to bow before judiciary. Judiciary is continuous, executive is at the will of people-Hemanth Krishne Gowda, Twitter User
Petitions were filed before the SC court challenging the central government's decision to buy 36 Rafale jets from France. Petitioners pointed out there were a huge financial fraudulence that happened. But the SC passed a verdict that procurement of the jets which was an Rs 58,000 crore deal, was done legally with both the countries entering into an agreement on purchase of the jets.
"Bad News for Modi SC to Hear on February 26 Pleas Seeking Review of Rafale Verdict", tweeted Shiraj Kesariya.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News