Court to hear Rafale petitions on Tuesday
February 24, 2019
The Supreme Court (SC) of India will hear the petitions seeking review of its Rafale verdict on 26 February. The petitions have been filed by former ministers Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie along with advocate Prashant Bhushan. They claimed that the 14 December judgement of the SC contained 'patent factual and legal errors'. The review petition filed by AAP MP Sanjay Singh is also listed for hearing along with the other two petitions.
The petitioners said that the top court had relied on information that was patently incorrect. They were seeking for hearing the plea in an open court. But the top court said that it cannot be done. The case will only be heard only in chambers.
Breaking News : SC agrees to conduct hearing on plea seeking review of its verdict in Rafale case. Justice is not dead. However powerful executive is it has to bow before judiciary. Judiciary is continuous, executive is at the will of people-Hemanth Krishne Gowda, Twitter User
Petitions were filed before the SC court challenging the central government's decision to buy 36 Rafale jets from France. Petitioners pointed out there were a huge financial fraudulence that happened. But the SC passed a verdict that procurement of the jets which was an Rs 58,000 crore deal, was done legally with both the countries entering into an agreement on purchase of the jets.
"Bad News for Modi SC to Hear on February 26 Pleas Seeking Review of Rafale Verdict", tweeted Shiraj Kesariya.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News