PM Modi launches 75,000-crore scheme for farmers
February 25, 2019
On Sunday, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh. This Rs 75,000 crore scheme is one of the biggest schemes that have been introduced for farmers in India. According to the scheme, Rs 6000 will be given to over 12 crore farmers across India in three instalments every year. Over one crore farmers were already given Rs 2000 on Sunday. The money was directly transferred to their bank accounts.
Long live India's farmers! #PMKisan Yojana enhances the dignity of farmers, brings prosperity in their lives and contributes to India's agricultural transformation-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
While launching the scheme, PM Modi took a dig at the Congress party and said that the schemes that they introduced for farmers were mere scams. Also, the farmer loans that they had promised to waiver had never happened. He also added that this PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is going to make the lives of farmers in India easier and better.
Over the past few years, Indian farmers have been struggling to make ends meet. Farmer suicide rates also went up high. In the wake of such unfortunate incidents, introducing a scheme for farmers is definitely going to benefit them.
Many social media users congratulated Modi for introducing an exclusive scheme for farmers.
"These 3 schemes "PM Kisan Samman Nidhi(Telangana's RythuBandu), No income tax up to Rs5 Lakhs and 10% reservation for poor in general category" gonna bring Modi back to power in 2019 !! Masterstroke by Modi's govt !! #NaMo2019", tweeted Manikanth.
Watch in Sign Language
- Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
May 21, 2019
- Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
May 21, 2019
- Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
May 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Events May 15, 2019 Free Webinar - All About Autism: Education & Daily Living
- Get-hooked May 15, 2019 Art that moves & inspires, given a new life by HeART Beat Foundation
- Get-hooked May 14, 2019 The Relic, a novel by team of 2 disabled writers has many readers hooked
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 15, 2019 Re-polling ordered for Faridabad constituency
- Headlines May 15, 2019 Jet Airways CEO Amit Agarwal quits citing personal reasons
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Get-hooked May 15, 2019 Some tips to support children with multiple disabilities
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News