Owner of vehicle used in Pulwama attack identified
February 26, 2019
The National Investigation Agency-NIA is investigating the terror suicide attack that took place on 14 February in Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir.
The attack was on a CRPF convoy and resulted in the death of 40 soldiers while injuring several others.
As per reports about the investigation, National Investigation Agency has identified the vehicle that was used in the attack.
The NIA has stated that the suicide attack was carried out in an explosion laden minivan. Investigators have used the leftover debris of the vehicle to identify that it was a Maruti Suzuki Eeco.
Forensic and automobile experts have been helping the NIA to identify the vehicle by piecing together the damaged debris from the crime scene.
The NIA has also found that the minivan was owned by Sajjad Bhat, a resident of Anantnag district in J&K. He had bought the vehicle just 10 days before the suicide attack took place.
Sajjad Bhat is currently on a run and is believed to be a member of the terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed- JeM. Investigators are trying to locate him.
Social media users responded to the news.
Invisiblesky @iamdecipherable , tweeted,"Replying to @ANI Hand him over to CRPF .. and see the result within 10 min ..will dictate the names of his masters.."
A @dare2bharat wrote," Replying to @ANI @HinduWolverine He should be punished not less then capital punishment in public ... If he involved @PMOIndia"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News