Pakistan hold emergency meeting after India strikes
February 27, 2019
Shah Mahmood Qureshi, the foreign minister of Pakistan said that better sense should prevail in India after Indian fighter jets crossed the Line of Control and carried out an airstrike on a terror camp in Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
I will term it a grave aggression.It is a violation of the Line of Control. Pakistan holds the right to self defence and proper response - Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Pakistan Foreign Minister
The Indian Air Force carried out the strikes at the biggest training centre of Jaish-e-Mohammed using Mirage 2000. Reports are that nearly 300 terrorists were killed.
On Twitter, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan's party said, "Pakistan is fully prepared to respond to any misadventure." In a statement, his party spokesperson added that Khan has "directed armed forces and people of Pakistan to remain prepared for all eventualities".
Qureshi also said the Indian government is disturbing the peace for political gains. "Indian government is in dire need of winning the upcoming elections, selfish enough, they are willing to create unrest in the entire region. Pakistan will use all international forums to expose India while being ready to retaliate to any aggression".
The Pakistan government has called for a joint session of parliament tomorrow.
An emergency meeting was called after India carried out the strikes. This came less than two weeks after a terror attack in Pulwama killed 40 CRPF troopers. The Jaish-e-Mohammed had claimed that attack.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Mumbai bridge collapse - Families demand answers
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News