Pakistan hold emergency meeting after India strikes
February 27, 2019
Shah Mahmood Qureshi, the foreign minister of Pakistan said that better sense should prevail in India after Indian fighter jets crossed the Line of Control and carried out an airstrike on a terror camp in Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
I will term it a grave aggression.It is a violation of the Line of Control. Pakistan holds the right to self defence and proper response - Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Pakistan Foreign Minister
The Indian Air Force carried out the strikes at the biggest training centre of Jaish-e-Mohammed using Mirage 2000. Reports are that nearly 300 terrorists were killed.
On Twitter, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan's party said, "Pakistan is fully prepared to respond to any misadventure." In a statement, his party spokesperson added that Khan has "directed armed forces and people of Pakistan to remain prepared for all eventualities".
Qureshi also said the Indian government is disturbing the peace for political gains. "Indian government is in dire need of winning the upcoming elections, selfish enough, they are willing to create unrest in the entire region. Pakistan will use all international forums to expose India while being ready to retaliate to any aggression".
The Pakistan government has called for a joint session of parliament tomorrow.
An emergency meeting was called after India carried out the strikes. This came less than two weeks after a terror attack in Pulwama killed 40 CRPF troopers. The Jaish-e-Mohammed had claimed that attack.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Exit polls predict comfortable win for BJP
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News