All party meet held to review air strike
February 27, 2019
The Indian forces carried out an air strike early Tuesday morning on terror camps located in the Pakistan occupied areas of Kashmir.
National Security Advisor-NSA, Ajit Doval shared vital information about the air strike. According to Doval 25 top commanders of the terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) have been eliminated.
Overall more than 300 terrorists and trainers were killed in the attack carried out by the Indian fighter jets.
The main target of the strike were the training camps run by JeM at Balakot in Pakistan.
After the strike, an all-party meeting was held to brief party leaders about the IAF's feat.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj presided the meeting and she was accompanied by Union ministers Rajnath Singh and Arun Jaitley. All the parties came out in support of the air strike and reiterated their support to the government's stand on the matter.
Subramanian Swamy tweeted
We are bombing our own territory temporarily called PoK. So no international law broken but it is in self defence.
Sushma Swaraj also spoke to some foreign ministers, including those from Bangladesh, Afghanistan and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and briefed them about the air strike.
Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale had earlier shared info about the air strike and said, "The selection of the target was also conditioned by our desire to avoid civilian casualties. The facility is located in thick forest on a hilltop far away from any civilian presence. As the strike has taken place only a short while ago, we are awaiting further details."
Pakistan Army has also confirmed that Indian fighter jets dropped "four bombs", however, it refused to confess to any major impact.
While China has suggested that both India and Pakistan should "exercise restraint" in the matter for the sake of maintaining peace in the region.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News