All party meet held to review air strike
February 27, 2019
The Indian forces carried out an air strike early Tuesday morning on terror camps located in the Pakistan occupied areas of Kashmir.
National Security Advisor-NSA, Ajit Doval shared vital information about the air strike. According to Doval 25 top commanders of the terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) have been eliminated.
Overall more than 300 terrorists and trainers were killed in the attack carried out by the Indian fighter jets.
The main target of the strike were the training camps run by JeM at Balakot in Pakistan.
After the strike, an all-party meeting was held to brief party leaders about the IAF's feat.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj presided the meeting and she was accompanied by Union ministers Rajnath Singh and Arun Jaitley. All the parties came out in support of the air strike and reiterated their support to the government's stand on the matter.
Subramanian Swamy tweeted
We are bombing our own territory temporarily called PoK. So no international law broken but it is in self defence.
Sushma Swaraj also spoke to some foreign ministers, including those from Bangladesh, Afghanistan and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and briefed them about the air strike.
Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale had earlier shared info about the air strike and said, "The selection of the target was also conditioned by our desire to avoid civilian casualties. The facility is located in thick forest on a hilltop far away from any civilian presence. As the strike has taken place only a short while ago, we are awaiting further details."
Pakistan Army has also confirmed that Indian fighter jets dropped "four bombs", however, it refused to confess to any major impact.
While China has suggested that both India and Pakistan should "exercise restraint" in the matter for the sake of maintaining peace in the region.
Watch in Sign Language
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda raises doubts on airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
- BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Narendra Modi launches ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ campaign
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda raises doubts on airstrike in Balakot
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News