All party meet held to review air strike
February 27, 2019
The Indian forces carried out an air strike early Tuesday morning on terror camps located in the Pakistan occupied areas of Kashmir.
National Security Advisor-NSA, Ajit Doval shared vital information about the air strike. According to Doval 25 top commanders of the terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) have been eliminated.
Overall more than 300 terrorists and trainers were killed in the attack carried out by the Indian fighter jets.
The main target of the strike were the training camps run by JeM at Balakot in Pakistan.
After the strike, an all-party meeting was held to brief party leaders about the IAF's feat.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj presided the meeting and she was accompanied by Union ministers Rajnath Singh and Arun Jaitley. All the parties came out in support of the air strike and reiterated their support to the government's stand on the matter.
Subramanian Swamy tweeted
We are bombing our own territory temporarily called PoK. So no international law broken but it is in self defence.
Sushma Swaraj also spoke to some foreign ministers, including those from Bangladesh, Afghanistan and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and briefed them about the air strike.
Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale had earlier shared info about the air strike and said, "The selection of the target was also conditioned by our desire to avoid civilian casualties. The facility is located in thick forest on a hilltop far away from any civilian presence. As the strike has taken place only a short while ago, we are awaiting further details."
Pakistan Army has also confirmed that Indian fighter jets dropped "four bombs", however, it refused to confess to any major impact.
While China has suggested that both India and Pakistan should "exercise restraint" in the matter for the sake of maintaining peace in the region.
Watch in Sign Language
- High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
August 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 South Korea’s Duckhee is 1st deaf tennis player to win men's professional tournament
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Headlines August 24, 2019 PM Modi talks about 'New India' at France
- Employment August 26, 2019 Sample these wholesome & delicious cookies baked by people with Down syndrome at Satya Bakery
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News