Countries appeal for peace from India & Pakistan
February 28, 2019
The heightened tension between India and Pakistan has the rest of the world worried. Several countries have called for restraint given the tense situation since Tuesday morning, when Indian Air Force fighter jets crossed the border to hit a terror camp in Balakot.
Many countries are calling upon India and Pakistan to resume peace talks like Russia, China, France, United Kingdom and the United States. Countries in the immediate neighbourhood such as Sri Lanka and Nepal are also worried as is the European Union.
Russia made a statement asking India and Pakistan to "show restraint and step up efforts to resolve existing problems".
We are ready to further assist in strengthening the counter-terrorism potential of New Delhi and Islamabad. - Government of Russia
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang said China was hopeful that India and Pakistan would show restraint keeping the peace and stability of the region in mind. "We hope they can enhance their dialogue with fundamental interests in mind, and avoid taking any action that may further deteriorate the situation," said Lu.
Both Nepal and Sri Lanka have emphasized upon the need for "peace and stability in South Asia".
United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also called upon the two countries to avoid tensions from rising. Pompeo also urged the Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi to take action against terrorism, stressing on the "urgency of Pakistan taking meaningful action against terrorist groups operating on its soil".
The European Union (EU) pushed for peace in the subcontinent, telling India and Pakistan to understand the "dangerous consequences" of the rising tensions in the region.
Watch in Sign Language
- Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
August 22, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 10, 2019
Headlines August 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News