Countries appeal for peace from India & Pakistan
February 28, 2019
The heightened tension between India and Pakistan has the rest of the world worried. Several countries have called for restraint given the tense situation since Tuesday morning, when Indian Air Force fighter jets crossed the border to hit a terror camp in Balakot.
Many countries are calling upon India and Pakistan to resume peace talks like Russia, China, France, United Kingdom and the United States. Countries in the immediate neighbourhood such as Sri Lanka and Nepal are also worried as is the European Union.
Russia made a statement asking India and Pakistan to "show restraint and step up efforts to resolve existing problems".
We are ready to further assist in strengthening the counter-terrorism potential of New Delhi and Islamabad. - Government of Russia
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang said China was hopeful that India and Pakistan would show restraint keeping the peace and stability of the region in mind. "We hope they can enhance their dialogue with fundamental interests in mind, and avoid taking any action that may further deteriorate the situation," said Lu.
Both Nepal and Sri Lanka have emphasized upon the need for "peace and stability in South Asia".
United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also called upon the two countries to avoid tensions from rising. Pompeo also urged the Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi to take action against terrorism, stressing on the "urgency of Pakistan taking meaningful action against terrorist groups operating on its soil".
The European Union (EU) pushed for peace in the subcontinent, telling India and Pakistan to understand the "dangerous consequences" of the rising tensions in the region.
Watch in Sign Language
- Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
May 27, 2019
- PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
May 27, 2019
- Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
May 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Children with autism more prone to sleep problems, says focused study
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Pune centre builds awareness, stands up to the stigma around schizophrenia
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News