Countries appeal for peace from India & Pakistan
February 28, 2019
The heightened tension between India and Pakistan has the rest of the world worried. Several countries have called for restraint given the tense situation since Tuesday morning, when Indian Air Force fighter jets crossed the border to hit a terror camp in Balakot.
Many countries are calling upon India and Pakistan to resume peace talks like Russia, China, France, United Kingdom and the United States. Countries in the immediate neighbourhood such as Sri Lanka and Nepal are also worried as is the European Union.
Russia made a statement asking India and Pakistan to "show restraint and step up efforts to resolve existing problems".
We are ready to further assist in strengthening the counter-terrorism potential of New Delhi and Islamabad. - Government of Russia
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang said China was hopeful that India and Pakistan would show restraint keeping the peace and stability of the region in mind. "We hope they can enhance their dialogue with fundamental interests in mind, and avoid taking any action that may further deteriorate the situation," said Lu.
Both Nepal and Sri Lanka have emphasized upon the need for "peace and stability in South Asia".
United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also called upon the two countries to avoid tensions from rising. Pompeo also urged the Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi to take action against terrorism, stressing on the "urgency of Pakistan taking meaningful action against terrorist groups operating on its soil".
The European Union (EU) pushed for peace in the subcontinent, telling India and Pakistan to understand the "dangerous consequences" of the rising tensions in the region.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News