Opposition slams BJP for politicizing air strikes on Pakistan
March 1, 2019
Karnataka BJP chief B S Yeddyurappa claims he was misquoted after he was severely criticized for his comment that India's air strike on a terror camp in Pakistan has created a wave in favour of Prime Minister Narendra Modi He also said this would help the BJP win over 22 of 28 seats in Karnataka in the coming national election.
The atmosphere....day-by-day the wind is increasingly blowing in favour of the BJP. Yesterday's action of destroying terror hideouts by entering inside Pakistan has resulted in a pro-Modi wave in the country, the results of which can be seen in coming Lok Sabha polls. Youth are celebrating; all this will help us in winning more than 22 Lok Sabha seats (in Karnataka). - B S Yeddyurappa, Karnataka BJP chief
In the face of growing anger, he tried to change his tune but that did not help. He issued a clarification after he was ticked off by his colleague Union Minister VK Singh "We stand as one nation, action taken by our government is to safeguard our nation and ensure safety of our citizens, not to win a few extra seats".
Opposition parties have attacked the BJP and said the government is guilty of "blatant politicisation" of the sacrifices of the armed forces. The government has also been criticized for its continued focus on the national elections in May. The opposition parties have postponed their election-related programmes following the rise in tensions with Pakistan.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal tweeted: "At this moment, we as a nation, need to spend all our energies and time to get the IAF pilot back safely and to sternly deal with Pakistan". Akhilesh Yadav, Samajwadi Party leader said, "Even when our pilot is missing, everything – even national security – is seen through the lens of public relations and votes. The BJP only knows the politics of distraction, lies, branding and marketing".
Watch in Sign Language
- Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
- PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
March 20, 2019
- One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
March 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 15, 2019 Boeing 737 MAX 8 banned by several countries after 2nd crash in 5 months
- Events March 14, 2019 Sangarsh'19
- Headlines March 13, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi Vadra addresses rally in Gujarat
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Abidi talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Get-hooked March 13, 2019 Don't let headphones damage your ears, says experts
- Parasports March 13, 2019 Indian para athletes set to shine at Special Olympics World Games 2019 starting tomorrow in Abu Dhabi
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Parenting corner- Managing stress
- Headlines March 15, 2019 U.S warns China for blocking action on terrorist Masood Azhar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News