Amidst rising tension, Pakistan calls for peace talks with India
March 1, 2019
Amidst rising political tension between India and Pakistan, the demands for peace talks between both the nations are rising. On Wednesday, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan released a video requesting India to engage in peace talks with Pakistan.
It was our plan to not cause any collateral damage, and not to cause any casualties. We simply wanted to show capability. Two Indian Migs crossed Pakistan's Borders, and we shot them down. I want to now address India and say let sanity prevail. I ask India, given the weapons capability on both sides, can we afford a miscalculation? It will neither be in my control nor Modi's. We are ready to come on the table and talk about terrorism that affects both the countries. We are ready. -Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan
Imran Khan's speech was welcomed by both Indian's and Pakistani's who believed that a war is not the solution to political problems. The hash tag #SayNoToWar is flooding social media.
Pakistani women are also joining the campaign against war. Women Democratic Front, a Pakistan-based, independent socialist-feminist political organisation were the first ones to come forward with the peace message. They posted a video on their social media account of women holding placards requesting for peace between the two nations.
"Women & children suffer the most in wars started mostly by men. #SayNoToWar. Humein jang nahe aman chahiyea, humein bombs nahe qalam chahiyea. Let's build a peaceful world for our children on both sides of the border", posted Women Democratic Fund.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Nirav Modi arrested in London
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 13, 2019
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News