Amidst rising tension, Pakistan calls for peace talks with India
March 1, 2019
Amidst rising political tension between India and Pakistan, the demands for peace talks between both the nations are rising. On Wednesday, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan released a video requesting India to engage in peace talks with Pakistan.
It was our plan to not cause any collateral damage, and not to cause any casualties. We simply wanted to show capability. Two Indian Migs crossed Pakistan's Borders, and we shot them down. I want to now address India and say let sanity prevail. I ask India, given the weapons capability on both sides, can we afford a miscalculation? It will neither be in my control nor Modi's. We are ready to come on the table and talk about terrorism that affects both the countries. We are ready. -Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan
Imran Khan's speech was welcomed by both Indian's and Pakistani's who believed that a war is not the solution to political problems. The hash tag #SayNoToWar is flooding social media.
Pakistani women are also joining the campaign against war. Women Democratic Front, a Pakistan-based, independent socialist-feminist political organisation were the first ones to come forward with the peace message. They posted a video on their social media account of women holding placards requesting for peace between the two nations.
"Women & children suffer the most in wars started mostly by men. #SayNoToWar. Humein jang nahe aman chahiyea, humein bombs nahe qalam chahiyea. Let's build a peaceful world for our children on both sides of the border", posted Women Democratic Fund.
Watch in Sign Language
- Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
August 19, 2019
- Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
August 19, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Pop-up and Sign Language session
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 Foreign doctors question MCI guidelines regarding disabled medical aspirants ahead of crucial hearing
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Education August 12, 2019 Special Educators Forum-India demands separate national education policy for children with disabilities
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Events August 14, 2019 Let your hands do the talking
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News