Amidst rising tension, Pakistan calls for peace talks with India
March 1, 2019
Amidst rising political tension between India and Pakistan, the demands for peace talks between both the nations are rising. On Wednesday, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan released a video requesting India to engage in peace talks with Pakistan.
It was our plan to not cause any collateral damage, and not to cause any casualties. We simply wanted to show capability. Two Indian Migs crossed Pakistan's Borders, and we shot them down. I want to now address India and say let sanity prevail. I ask India, given the weapons capability on both sides, can we afford a miscalculation? It will neither be in my control nor Modi's. We are ready to come on the table and talk about terrorism that affects both the countries. We are ready. -Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan
Imran Khan's speech was welcomed by both Indian's and Pakistani's who believed that a war is not the solution to political problems. The hash tag #SayNoToWar is flooding social media.
Pakistani women are also joining the campaign against war. Women Democratic Front, a Pakistan-based, independent socialist-feminist political organisation were the first ones to come forward with the peace message. They posted a video on their social media account of women holding placards requesting for peace between the two nations.
"Women & children suffer the most in wars started mostly by men. #SayNoToWar. Humein jang nahe aman chahiyea, humein bombs nahe qalam chahiyea. Let's build a peaceful world for our children on both sides of the border", posted Women Democratic Fund.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News