Indian pilot to be released today
March 1, 2019
Finally some good news is coming from across the border.
Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan has announced that Indian pilot that was captured by the Pakistani army will be released today.
Imran Khan has said that the pilot will be sent back to India as a peace gesture from Pakistan amid the state of tension between the two nations.
He said 'We have an Indian pilot. As a peace gesture, we will release him tomorrow.'
Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman was taken in custody by the Pakistani army after his MiG 21 Bison jet crashed in the Pakistan Occupied Kashmir area on Wednesday.
Indian government had also asked Pakistan government to ensure the immediate and safe return of the Indian Air Force pilot.
The images and videos of the pilot's capture had gone viral on the social media, prompting Indian government to slam Pakistan for its actions.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events May 15, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Events May 15, 2019 Sign Language Course
- Events May 15, 2019 Interpreting & Using Children’s Drawings as Tools for Diagnosis
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Headlines May 15, 2019 No chance of a Third Front says DMK leader Stalin
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Events May 15, 2019 TCS 10k Run with Smileys & Run with Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News