Sushma Swaraj urges Islamic nations to fight against terror
March 2, 2019
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj shared India's views about terrorism at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation conclave in UAE.
Sushma Swaraj attended the OIC conclave in Abu Dhabi yesterday as the Guest of Honour. Foreign ministers of 57 countries attended the conclave.
"Just as Islam literally means peace, none of the 99 names of Allah means violence." She said while addressing the gathering.
She also said, "Terrorism is destroying lives, destabilising regions and putting the world at great peril. Terror reach is growing and the toll it is taking is increasing."
Sushma Swaraj urged that OIC countries should come together in the fight against terror and to maintain peace in the region.
Earlier, Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi had tried to create a controversy by objecting to Sushma Swaraj being invited as the Guest of Honour.
He had raised the demand that the invitation to Swaraj should be taken back, he went on to claim, "India is neither a member nor an observer of the OIC."
However, that did not happen and Qureshi decided not to attend the OIC meet up as the invite to Sushma Swaraj was not withdrawn.
Watch in Sign Language
- Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
May 21, 2019
- Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
May 21, 2019
- Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
May 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 14, 2019 The Relic, a novel by team of 2 disabled writers has many readers hooked
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 15, 2019 Art that moves & inspires, given a new life by HeART Beat Foundation
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Events May 14, 2019 Workshop: Enhancing Outcomes in Inclusive Education for Special Educational Needs
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked April 30, 2019