Tension in Jammu & Kashmir after Indian soldiers, civilians killed in encounter
March 3, 2019
Tensions between India and Pakistan does not seem to be ending very soon. On Saturday, five security personals and one civilian were killed in an encounter at Handwara in Jammu and Kashmir. Two militants were also killed in the encounter that was a joint operation conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir police along with the CRPF.
The pressure to eliminate terrorist groups in Pakistan is mounting. World nations are pointing hands at Pakistan which has been a terrorist haven for over two decades now. Social media users in both India and Pakistan are also calling for peace.
To our friends in India & Pakistan: As nuclear powers, please remember it's your responsibility to the global community to settle differences thru negotiations–not war. In times like this, cool heads must prevail. The world is praying you will have the courage to work for peace-Tulsi Gabbard
Meanwhile, the United States of America has asked Pakistan for detailed information regarding the misuse of American made F-16 fighter jets. These jets were used by Pakistan for air strikes against India.
After India's air strike against Pakistan based terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed, they have been undergoing numerous problems. To make things worse Masood Azhar, founder of the group, is reportedly unwell. He has been admitted at the army hospital in Pakistan where he is undergoing treatment for renal failure. The news was confirmed by Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi.
"India & Pakistan, please do not surrender further to old grievances & anger. People have already died, including children. The world needs peace & the blessing of your wisdom instead. And children should be safe & happy - always. So please #SayNoToWar", tweeted Barton McKinley.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
- Get-hooked May 14, 2019 The Relic, a novel by team of 2 disabled writers has many readers hooked
- Accessibility May 14, 2019 Beyond Braille series brings to blind children a new visual language
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 #TechThursdays - Remote-controlled toilet bed is a life saver for people bedridden due to disability
- Get-hooked May 15, 2019 Some tips to support children with multiple disabilities
- Technology May 13, 2019 Google’s new project to use artificial intelligence to accommodate speech impairments
- Headlines May 15, 2019 Re-polling ordered for Faridabad constituency
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News