Tension in Jammu & Kashmir after Indian soldiers, civilians killed in encounter
March 3, 2019
Tensions between India and Pakistan does not seem to be ending very soon. On Saturday, five security personals and one civilian were killed in an encounter at Handwara in Jammu and Kashmir. Two militants were also killed in the encounter that was a joint operation conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir police along with the CRPF.
The pressure to eliminate terrorist groups in Pakistan is mounting. World nations are pointing hands at Pakistan which has been a terrorist haven for over two decades now. Social media users in both India and Pakistan are also calling for peace.
To our friends in India & Pakistan: As nuclear powers, please remember it's your responsibility to the global community to settle differences thru negotiations-not war. In times like this, cool heads must prevail. The world is praying you will have the courage to work for peace-Tulsi Gabbard
Meanwhile, the United States of America has asked Pakistan for detailed information regarding the misuse of American made F-16 fighter jets. These jets were used by Pakistan for air strikes against India.
After India's air strike against Pakistan based terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed, they have been undergoing numerous problems. To make things worse Masood Azhar, founder of the group, is reportedly unwell. He has been admitted at the army hospital in Pakistan where he is undergoing treatment for renal failure. The news was confirmed by Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi.
"India & Pakistan, please do not surrender further to old grievances & anger. People have already died, including children. The world needs peace & the blessing of your wisdom instead. And children should be safe & happy - always. So please #SayNoToWar", tweeted Barton McKinley.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
August 20, 2019
- Primary schools reopen in J&K
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News