Cricket will again be a part of the Asian Games
March 4, 2019
Cricket will again be introduced as part of the Asian Games from the next edition.
As per reports, the 2022 Asian Games that will be held in Hangzhou in China, will feature cricket as one of the competitive sports.
Olympic Council of Asia's General Assembly has decided to include the sport again after it was taken out of the Asian Games format in 2018 that were hosted by Indonesia.
Cricket was a part of the Asian games till the Asian games of 2010 and 2014 but later Indian team was not able to take part in the games due to scheduling issues.
India was criticized at the time for not taking part in the Asian games and was accused of using the game for business of making money only.
The men's and women's gold in 2014 Asian games was won by Sri Lanka and Pakistan while Bangladesh and Pakistan claimed the gold in 2010.
The Asian games of 2010 and 2014 featured cricket in the T20 format and the same is expected to be repeated in 2022.
Sports lovers are excited about the announcement
Sanna Gharshin @GharshinSanna tweeted,"So we will see cricket in Asian games 2022. Just waiting cricket to be a part of Olympics too. #cricket #Asiangames #Pakistan"
#indianfirst @uthraGC wrote,"Also imp to note is that cricket has been included in the sports programme for 2022 #AsianGames #Hangzhou2022 will d @BCCI play ball this time around?"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News