Jaish e Mohammed terrorist Masood Azhar is alive
March 5, 2019
A Pakistani media report says that Masood Azhar, chief of the terror outfit, Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and India's most wanted terrorist is alive. The report has quoted sources close to Azhar's family.
There were widespread reports on social media that the JeM Founder had died, but so far there has been no official conformation. The Pakistan government has said nothing so far to confirm the news.
I don't know anything at this moment. - Fawad Chaudhry, Federal Information Minister, Pakistan
Azhar, who is a resident of Bahawalpur in the Punjab province of Pakistan, formed the JeM in 2000. He is 50 years old. Azhar was released by the NDA government in 1999 in exchange for the hostages of a hijacked Indian Airlines plane IC-814. Azhar is accused of masterminding the 2001 Parliament attack, the suicide attack on Jammu and Kashmir state assembly, attack on an Indian Air Force base in Pathankot and the latest Pulwama terror strike.
He is also accused of killing American journalist Daniel Pearl.
Intelligence agencies in India are trying to confirm the news of Azhar's death in Pakistan. So far all they know is that he is undergoing treatment at an army hospital after suffering kidney failure.
The JeM's camp in Balakot, where training is given to recruits to carry out suicide attacks, was targeted by the Indian Air Force in an air strike last week. This was after the Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed.
In an interview, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has admitted that Azhar is in his country and is unwell. The government will act against him only if India India presents solid evidence. ""He is in Pakistan, according to my information. He is unwell to the extent that he can''t leave his house, because he's really unwell," said Qureshi.
The United States, the United Kingdom and France moved a fresh proposal in the UN Security Councillast week to designate Azhar as a global terrorist.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
March 24, 2019
- BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
March 24, 2019
- PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Female Special Police Officer in J&K shot dead by terrorists
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Understanding Ataxia
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 How a Facebook page helped rally a support group for wheelchair users in Kerala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 24, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News