Remove Priyanka as goodwill ambassador, says Pakistan
March 5, 2019
Pakistan has started an online petition requesting the United Nations to remove actress Priyanka Chopra as their UNICEF goodwill brand ambassador. This is after Chopra tweeted a congratulatory message to the Indian Air Force after the Balakot terror strikes that reportedly killed 250 terrorists in Pakistani soil. On 26 February, Chopra tweeted "Jai Hind #IndianArmedForces".
The petition was started on the online platform Avaz. It read that both India and Pakistan are two nuclear powers. War between these two countries will only lead to destruction and death. As goodwill ambassador of UNICEF, Priyanka Chopra was supposed to stay neutral and peaceful and that she does not deserve this title anymore.
But social media users were in favour of the actress. Clearly, she supported India's air strike that was against terrorists with no civilian casualties.
The UN supports India's right to self-defense; hasn't called India's anti-terror non-military strike as aggressive. Whereas UK, France, USA have repeatedly asked Pak to act against terror camps in its land. Priyanka Chopra like all Indians, is saying no to proxy war. #SayNoToWar-Avani Singh Tanwar, Twitter User
The petition has already received 4200 signatures alerady out of a 5000 mark. The United Nations has refused to comment on the topic.
On 14 February, a suicide bomber rammed a truck with explosives into a convoy of CRPF jawans killing 40 of them at Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir. Jaish-e-Mohammed took responsibility for the terror attack. India retaliated by dropping bombs of 1000 kgs on to the terror camps of Jaish-e-Mohammed at Balakot in Pakistani soil. India received much praise from international communities for the terror strike.
Watch in Sign Language
- Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
- PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
March 20, 2019
- One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
March 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Events March 14, 2019 Sangarsh'19
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Kerala youngster Vijesh Vijayan wins battle for justice in Kerala High Court
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 First PM Modi, now Mamata Banerjee shocks & offends with comments about mental disability
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Headlines March 13, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi Vadra addresses rally in Gujarat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News