Remove Priyanka as goodwill ambassador, says Pakistan
March 5, 2019
Pakistan has started an online petition requesting the United Nations to remove actress Priyanka Chopra as their UNICEF goodwill brand ambassador. This is after Chopra tweeted a congratulatory message to the Indian Air Force after the Balakot terror strikes that reportedly killed 250 terrorists in Pakistani soil. On 26 February, Chopra tweeted "Jai Hind #IndianArmedForces".
The petition was started on the online platform Avaz. It read that both India and Pakistan are two nuclear powers. War between these two countries will only lead to destruction and death. As goodwill ambassador of UNICEF, Priyanka Chopra was supposed to stay neutral and peaceful and that she does not deserve this title anymore.
But social media users were in favour of the actress. Clearly, she supported India's air strike that was against terrorists with no civilian casualties.
The UN supports India's right to self-defense; hasn't called India's anti-terror non-military strike as aggressive. Whereas UK, France, USA have repeatedly asked Pak to act against terror camps in its land. Priyanka Chopra like all Indians, is saying no to proxy war. #SayNoToWar-Avani Singh Tanwar, Twitter User
The petition has already received 4200 signatures alerady out of a 5000 mark. The United Nations has refused to comment on the topic.
On 14 February, a suicide bomber rammed a truck with explosives into a convoy of CRPF jawans killing 40 of them at Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir. Jaish-e-Mohammed took responsibility for the terror attack. India retaliated by dropping bombs of 1000 kgs on to the terror camps of Jaish-e-Mohammed at Balakot in Pakistani soil. India received much praise from international communities for the terror strike.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
August 20, 2019
- Primary schools reopen in J&K
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Employment August 13, 2019 Government move to roll back disability pension tax on retired soldiers welcomed
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Events August 13, 2019 Inclusive Walkathon
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News