Remove Priyanka as goodwill ambassador, says Pakistan
March 5, 2019
Pakistan has started an online petition requesting the United Nations to remove actress Priyanka Chopra as their UNICEF goodwill brand ambassador. This is after Chopra tweeted a congratulatory message to the Indian Air Force after the Balakot terror strikes that reportedly killed 250 terrorists in Pakistani soil. On 26 February, Chopra tweeted "Jai Hind #IndianArmedForces".
The petition was started on the online platform Avaz. It read that both India and Pakistan are two nuclear powers. War between these two countries will only lead to destruction and death. As goodwill ambassador of UNICEF, Priyanka Chopra was supposed to stay neutral and peaceful and that she does not deserve this title anymore.
But social media users were in favour of the actress. Clearly, she supported India's air strike that was against terrorists with no civilian casualties.
The UN supports India's right to self-defense; hasn't called India's anti-terror non-military strike as aggressive. Whereas UK, France, USA have repeatedly asked Pak to act against terror camps in its land. Priyanka Chopra like all Indians, is saying no to proxy war. #SayNoToWar-Avani Singh Tanwar, Twitter User
The petition has already received 4200 signatures alerady out of a 5000 mark. The United Nations has refused to comment on the topic.
On 14 February, a suicide bomber rammed a truck with explosives into a convoy of CRPF jawans killing 40 of them at Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir. Jaish-e-Mohammed took responsibility for the terror attack. India retaliated by dropping bombs of 1000 kgs on to the terror camps of Jaish-e-Mohammed at Balakot in Pakistani soil. India received much praise from international communities for the terror strike.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 15, 2019 Jet Airways CEO Amit Agarwal quits citing personal reasons
- Headlines May 14, 2019 Delhi court allows case against Manoj Tiwari
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Events May 15, 2019 Music Therapy Workshop
- Accessibility May 15, 2019 Election Commission falls short of accessibility goals, faces heat from disability rights groups
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Get-hooked May 13, 2019 What I want to tell my mother - NewzHook readers share their thoughts
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Violence in West Bengal over vandalising of iconic statue
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News