Hans Raj college festival PAHAL is back, with wholesome, inclusive fun
March 7, 2019
It's that time of the year when Hans Raj College in Delhi University comes under focus for the annual festival, PAHAL This year too, PAHAL promises to be a bigger, even more inclusive affair.
The Enabling Unit & Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC) of Hans Raj College had organized the first ever PAHAL festival in 2012. Since then it has become a much awaited event.
The aim of PAHAL is to promote inclusion and help make the disabled students a part of the mainstream. Like previous festivals, various cultural programs and inclusive fun activities are on the cards this year
PAHAL provides a platform to the students with disabilities to showcase their potential. This program has been able to help the students realize their talents and motivated them to come forward and be a part of the mainstream. - Sandeep Singh, Member, Enabling Unit and Equal Opportunity Cell, Hans Raj College
The festival is spread over two days - 10 and 11 March, with some exciting events lined up. There is a mix of fun and learning with events like paper fold dance, arm wrestling, pictionary, lemon race, one hand golf, and even golgappa eating competitions. For selfie lovers, there are photo booths too.
Some of the competitions are only for students with disabilities such as the talent hunt, quiz competition, drama and debate. The competitions will offer a unique opportunity to the disabled students to showcase their talent while having fun with their peers.
"I have taken part in the previous PAHAL festivals. The festivals are a great opportunity for disabled students to connect with each other and learn new things. It gives a major boost to the morale of disabled students and helps in their development", said Prakhar Srivastava, a visually impaired student.
The competition is open for disabled under graduate and post graduate students of colleges in the Delhi University, which is a great idea as festivals like this can go a long way in spreading awareness about people with disabilities and creating inclusive spaces.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Exit polls predict comfortable win for BJP
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News