Terror group airs anti-India slogans, Pakistan watches
March 6, 2019
After the attack on CRPF soldiers at Pulwama and the air strikes, the government of Pakistan had promised to take action against terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM). But the JeM is still airing anti-India messages despite that promise of action.
The weekly online magazine of the JeM Al Qalam has over 200 articles written by JeM chief Masood Azhar, who is said to be the mastermind of the Pulwama attack.
Azhar's last article written after the airstrike by India at the JeM camp in Balakot, Pakistan says, "Indians should not assume that their threats are scaring us. Definitely not."
The website also mentions Rawalpindi as its office address, which means Pakistan does not intend to stick to its promise of cracking down on the terror group. In a statement, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan had said,
If someone is using Pakistan soil for terror, they are enemies of Pakistan as it is against our interest. - Imran Khan, Prime Minister, Pakistan
Azhar has also written that the Pulwama attack was carried out by its Kashmiri Mujahideen in India. "The youth who rise from this madrassa (in Balakot) have broken the arrogance of the mountains of Kashmir and lit the torch of jihad there, and they will - God willing - continue to keep it alight", one of the articled had said.
JeM was banned by Pakistan in 2002 but remains in operation. In the meantime, Afghanistan has said that a deadly attack on one of Afghanistan's largest military bases, which killed 26 troops last week, was planned in Pakistan and jointly carried out by the Taliban and JeM.
"There were suicide bombers from the Taliban and Jaish-e-Mohammed, with direct links (to Pakistan), and the attack was planned across the Durand Line," said Afghan Defence Minister Asadullah Khalid
A group of heavily armed terrorists wearing military uniforms, including suicide bombers, stormed a base in Helmand province on March 1. The attack began with a bomber blowing up an explosives-laden vehicle at the main gate so that the others could enter the fortified compound.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News