Terror group airs anti-India slogans, Pakistan watches
March 6, 2019
After the attack on CRPF soldiers at Pulwama and the air strikes, the government of Pakistan had promised to take action against terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM). But the JeM is still airing anti-India messages despite that promise of action.
The weekly online magazine of the JeM Al Qalam has over 200 articles written by JeM chief Masood Azhar, who is said to be the mastermind of the Pulwama attack.
Azhar's last article written after the airstrike by India at the JeM camp in Balakot, Pakistan says, "Indians should not assume that their threats are scaring us. Definitely not."
The website also mentions Rawalpindi as its office address, which means Pakistan does not intend to stick to its promise of cracking down on the terror group. In a statement, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan had said,
If someone is using Pakistan soil for terror, they are enemies of Pakistan as it is against our interest. - Imran Khan, Prime Minister, Pakistan
Azhar has also written that the Pulwama attack was carried out by its Kashmiri Mujahideen in India. "The youth who rise from this madrassa (in Balakot) have broken the arrogance of the mountains of Kashmir and lit the torch of jihad there, and they will - God willing - continue to keep it alight", one of the articled had said.
JeM was banned by Pakistan in 2002 but remains in operation. In the meantime, Afghanistan has said that a deadly attack on one of Afghanistan's largest military bases, which killed 26 troops last week, was planned in Pakistan and jointly carried out by the Taliban and JeM.
"There were suicide bombers from the Taliban and Jaish-e-Mohammed, with direct links (to Pakistan), and the attack was planned across the Durand Line," said Afghan Defence Minister Asadullah Khalid
A group of heavily armed terrorists wearing military uniforms, including suicide bombers, stormed a base in Helmand province on March 1. The attack began with a bomber blowing up an explosives-laden vehicle at the main gate so that the others could enter the fortified compound.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
March 24, 2019
- BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
March 24, 2019
- PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Nirav Modi arrested in London
- Headlines March 22, 2019 BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 16, 2019
Headlines March 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News