Gurugram becomes world’s most polluted city
March 6, 2019
Until a few months back, New Delhi city was reportedly the most polluted capital city in the world. Now, Gurugram, which is in the National Capital Region (NCR), has been declared as world's most polluted city. The survey was conducted by an NGO named IQAir AirVisual and Greenpeace. The list shows 20 cities across the world that is highly polluted.
According to reports, almost seven Indian cities are in the list of the most polluted ones in the world. It includes Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, Bhiwadi and Patna. New Delhi is at number one position. Islamabad in Pakistan is also there in the list.
People took to social media in order to express their concern over this.
Something serious to ponder upon. 22 of top 30 most polluted cities in the #world are from #India. India racks up health-care costs and productivity losses from pollution of as much as 8.5 percent of #GDP, according to the #WorldBank-Parveen Kaswan, Twitter User
Delhi had an average yearly PM2.5 concentration at 113.5 micrograms per cubic metre. This new report has thrown light on the relevance of controlling pollution urgently. Government authorities pointed out that pollution levels can be curbed only if citizens and authorities work hand in hand. Last Diwali, authorities had requested people from not bursting crackers. But people burst crackers increasing pollution to hazardous and alarming levels. Many people fell sick in highly polluted cities as well.
"#Gurugram is the world's most polluted city while #NewDelhi is the most polluted capital in the world. I fear that there will come a time when every other person on the street will have to walk with a gas mask on! Another feather in India's cap", tweeted Monazza Aarfa.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News