Gurugram becomes world’s most polluted city
March 6, 2019
Until a few months back, New Delhi city was reportedly the most polluted capital city in the world. Now, Gurugram, which is in the National Capital Region (NCR), has been declared as world's most polluted city. The survey was conducted by an NGO named IQAir AirVisual and Greenpeace. The list shows 20 cities across the world that is highly polluted.
According to reports, almost seven Indian cities are in the list of the most polluted ones in the world. It includes Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, Bhiwadi and Patna. New Delhi is at number one position. Islamabad in Pakistan is also there in the list.
People took to social media in order to express their concern over this.
Something serious to ponder upon. 22 of top 30 most polluted cities in the #world are from #India. India racks up health-care costs and productivity losses from pollution of as much as 8.5 percent of #GDP, according to the #WorldBank-Parveen Kaswan, Twitter User
Delhi had an average yearly PM2.5 concentration at 113.5 micrograms per cubic metre. This new report has thrown light on the relevance of controlling pollution urgently. Government authorities pointed out that pollution levels can be curbed only if citizens and authorities work hand in hand. Last Diwali, authorities had requested people from not bursting crackers. But people burst crackers increasing pollution to hazardous and alarming levels. Many people fell sick in highly polluted cities as well.
"#Gurugram is the world's most polluted city while #NewDelhi is the most polluted capital in the world. I fear that there will come a time when every other person on the street will have to walk with a gas mask on! Another feather in India's cap", tweeted Monazza Aarfa.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
March 24, 2019
- BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
March 24, 2019
- PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
March 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports March 24, 2019 Kerala para athletes climb Nainital’s highest peak, aim to inspire youngsters
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Amazon move to remove books spreading misinformation about autism gets a thumbs up
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News