Kerala govt identifies new jobs for people with disabilities
March 6, 2019
Here is some good news for disabled people in Kerala who plan to apply for jobs. The Social Justice Department has introduced more posts for people with all kinds of disabilities in government jobs.
The government is looking into ways to implement this at the earliest and people from the disabled community, activists and NGOs are working together to make sure that everything is cleared at the earliest. Requests have been sent to concerned authorities and ministers to clear the path.
Pavitha PC, a wheelchair user employed with the Kozhikode Corporation is happy with this move.
It is great that the Kerala government is introducing more posts for disabled people. It will provide them with more opportunities. For disabled people, it is not easy to get jobs. But at the same time, I have felt that Kerala government is much open and inclusive when it comes to providing jobs for disabled people when compared to many other states. There are many people with disabilities who face discrimination and are unable to get jobs. Hope this is going to be a great start. -Pavitha CJ, Government employee
Some of the departments where disabled people can easily find jobs will be in science and education, home ministry, ports, law, water authority, medical and the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) to name a few.
According to reports, people will be hired for jobs depending on their disability and how they can perform at the job place. Experts have created the final list where people will be hired according to their disability.
Jomy Joseph, a leading disability rights activist, gives a thumbs up to this venture. "The government has identified suitable jobs for people with disabilities. It is indeed a great initiative. We are yet to know more details about this", says Joseph.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News