Kerala govt identifies new jobs for people with disabilities
March 6, 2019
Here is some good news for disabled people in Kerala who plan to apply for jobs. The Social Justice Department has introduced more posts for people with all kinds of disabilities in government jobs.
The government is looking into ways to implement this at the earliest and people from the disabled community, activists and NGOs are working together to make sure that everything is cleared at the earliest. Requests have been sent to concerned authorities and ministers to clear the path.
Pavitha PC, a wheelchair user employed with the Kozhikode Corporation is happy with this move.
It is great that the Kerala government is introducing more posts for disabled people. It will provide them with more opportunities. For disabled people, it is not easy to get jobs. But at the same time, I have felt that Kerala government is much open and inclusive when it comes to providing jobs for disabled people when compared to many other states. There are many people with disabilities who face discrimination and are unable to get jobs. Hope this is going to be a great start. -Pavitha CJ, Government employee
Some of the departments where disabled people can easily find jobs will be in science and education, home ministry, ports, law, water authority, medical and the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) to name a few.
According to reports, people will be hired for jobs depending on their disability and how they can perform at the job place. Experts have created the final list where people will be hired according to their disability.
Jomy Joseph, a leading disability rights activist, gives a thumbs up to this venture. "The government has identified suitable jobs for people with disabilities. It is indeed a great initiative. We are yet to know more details about this", says Joseph.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 24 Aug-25 Aug
August 23, 2019
- Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
August 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News