Kerala govt identifies new jobs for people with disabilities
March 6, 2019
Here is some good news for disabled people in Kerala who plan to apply for jobs. The Social Justice Department has introduced more posts for people with all kinds of disabilities in government jobs.
The government is looking into ways to implement this at the earliest and people from the disabled community, activists and NGOs are working together to make sure that everything is cleared at the earliest. Requests have been sent to concerned authorities and ministers to clear the path.
Pavitha PC, a wheelchair user employed with the Kozhikode Corporation is happy with this move.
It is great that the Kerala government is introducing more posts for disabled people. It will provide them with more opportunities. For disabled people, it is not easy to get jobs. But at the same time, I have felt that Kerala government is much open and inclusive when it comes to providing jobs for disabled people when compared to many other states. There are many people with disabilities who face discrimination and are unable to get jobs. Hope this is going to be a great start. -Pavitha CJ, Government employee
Some of the departments where disabled people can easily find jobs will be in science and education, home ministry, ports, law, water authority, medical and the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) to name a few.
According to reports, people will be hired for jobs depending on their disability and how they can perform at the job place. Experts have created the final list where people will be hired according to their disability.
Jomy Joseph, a leading disability rights activist, gives a thumbs up to this venture. "The government has identified suitable jobs for people with disabilities. It is indeed a great initiative. We are yet to know more details about this", says Joseph.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked March 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News