Brother of Jaish-e-Mohammed terror group arrested
March 7, 2019
Pakistan government authorities have taken Mufti Abdul Rauf, brother of Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar, into custody. Azhar's son Hamaz Azhar has also been put in preventive detention.
This action comes after massive pressure on Pakistan from the international community to control terror groups operating from its soil and to stop their financing. The two arrested are among 44 members of banned groups that have been detained.
It was decided to speed up action against all proscribed organisations. In compliance, 44 under-observation members of proscribed organisations, including Mufti Abdul Rauf and Hamaz Azhar, have been taken in preventive detention for investigation These actions will continue, as per the decisions taken in National Security Committee (NSC), while reviewing National Action Plan. - Pakistan government
The names of Mufti Abdul Rauf and Hamaz Azhar were mentioned in a document shared by India with Pakistan last week. Pakistan has denied it has taken action due to any pressure.
A day ago the Pakistan government also passed a a law to streamline the process to implement United Nations sanctions against individuals and organisations. This means the Pakistan government has taken over the control of assets and properties of all banned outfits operating in the country.
A deadline has been fixed by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), an international organisation that works to stop terror funding, to crack down on terror groups and their supporters who are running free in the country.
India hit a Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist training camp in Pakistan's Balakot in a "pre-emptive, non-military" strike. Pakistan's subsequent attempt at airstrikes targeting Indian military facilities across the Line of Control led to the worst escalation between the neighbours in decades.
Watch in Sign Language
- High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
August 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Narendra Modi conferred with UAE’s highest civilian honour
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 17 – Aug 23
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 25, 2019
Headlines August 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News