Brother of Jaish-e-Mohammed terror group arrested
March 7, 2019
Pakistan government authorities have taken Mufti Abdul Rauf, brother of Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar, into custody. Azhar's son Hamaz Azhar has also been put in preventive detention.
This action comes after massive pressure on Pakistan from the international community to control terror groups operating from its soil and to stop their financing. The two arrested are among 44 members of banned groups that have been detained.
It was decided to speed up action against all proscribed organisations. In compliance, 44 under-observation members of proscribed organisations, including Mufti Abdul Rauf and Hamaz Azhar, have been taken in preventive detention for investigation These actions will continue, as per the decisions taken in National Security Committee (NSC), while reviewing National Action Plan. - Pakistan government
The names of Mufti Abdul Rauf and Hamaz Azhar were mentioned in a document shared by India with Pakistan last week. Pakistan has denied it has taken action due to any pressure.
A day ago the Pakistan government also passed a a law to streamline the process to implement United Nations sanctions against individuals and organisations. This means the Pakistan government has taken over the control of assets and properties of all banned outfits operating in the country.
A deadline has been fixed by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), an international organisation that works to stop terror funding, to crack down on terror groups and their supporters who are running free in the country.
India hit a Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist training camp in Pakistan's Balakot in a "pre-emptive, non-military" strike. Pakistan's subsequent attempt at airstrikes targeting Indian military facilities across the Line of Control led to the worst escalation between the neighbours in decades.
Watch in Sign Language
- Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
March 23, 2019
- Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
March 23, 2019
- At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
March 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News