Rafale documents stolen, says Centre to court
March 7, 2019
The Central government told the Supreme Court of India (SC) that documents related to purchase of Rafale jets were stolen from the Defence Ministry. It also alleged that The Hindu committed a crime by publishing details of the documents in media. This is a crime that comes under Official Secrets Act.
Reportedly, the media firm published confidential documents about the deal. SC was hearing petitions seeking a review of its verdict dismissing the need for an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). SC questioned the centre asking what steps they took after theft of the documents.
In hearing of #Rafale Review& appln for perjury against officials who gave false info to SC, AG said, Docs filed by us in perjury appln are 'stolen' from Def Min & hence can't be looked into by court. So first govt misleads SC & then asks it not to look at Docs which expose lies!-Prashant Bhushan, Public Interest Lawyer and Activist
The central government also claimed that they need Rafale jets to defend India from Pakistan's F-16 jets that recently tried to cross borders to enter India and bomb places. The Attorney General who represented the centre said that the country needs Rafale jets at the earliest. India is expected to get a new batch of jets very soon and 52 pilots will be sent to France for training.
"By saying #Rafale documents 'stolen' from defence ministry the Attorney General has just officially validated the reporting of @nramind", tweeted Journalist Barkha Dutt.
"How did the crucial Rafale files go missing? Govt tells the SC: MoD documents on Rafale have been STOLEN and that probe on stolen files are going on. This is HUGE!!", tweeted Journalist Marya Shakil.
The case will be heard again on 14 March.
Watch in Sign Language
- High alert along Line of Control over terror threat
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
August 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Technology August 22, 2019 #TechThursdays – Kibo XS, world’s 1st intelligent personalised scanning & reading companion
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Headlines August 24, 2019 No more peace talks with India, says Imran Khan
- Headlines August 24, 2019 PM Modi talks about 'New India' at France
- Parasports August 22, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Amidst hardships, Manoj Kumar pursues his love for sports with determination & hard work
- Get-Hooked August 24, 2019 Parenting Corner-Autism Myths
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 25, 2019
Headlines August 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News